30 looks like 20 Watch

Daniel.Scribbler
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
A 30-year-old woman looks much younger, like a senior student. Is it o'kay for her to date a 18-year-old guy? Keeping in mind they mutually fell in love; she is creative and girly, she works and earns money, sings in a band, likes traveling... the guy is much more mature than his age. He's practical and kind-hearted, likes hanging out with people but is not an easy-rider. Will their relationship last? If yes, how? Thanks. (Just curious to know the answers because I've been in this situation myself)
ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Daniel.Scribbler)
A 30-year-old woman looks much younger, like a senior student. Is it o'kay for her to date a 18-year-old guy? Keeping in mind they mutually fell in love; she is creative and girly, she works and earns money, sings in a band, likes traveling... the guy is much more mature than his age. He's practical and kind-hearted, likes hanging out with people but is not an easy-rider. Will their relationship last? If yes, how? Thanks. (Just curious to know the answers because I've been in this situation myself)
Yes.
ANM775
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
In life, you're not gonna please everyone.
some people will frown on it when they learn their ages, but they are both over the age of consent and both adults so on that basis there's nothing wrong with it.
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I wouldn't think it would last.

Although I'm basing this on my own situation. I'm 27 and mistaken for much younger. Even though I wouldn't look out of place next to an 18yo boy I personally couldn't see someone that young as a potential romantic/sexual partner. An 18 year old is a kid in my eyes. My 22yo best mate also looks like a kid to me. :dontknow:
Daniel.Scribbler
Rep:
?
(Original post by ANM775)
In life, you're not gonna please everyone.
some people will frown on it when they learn their ages, but they are both over the age of consent and both adults so on that basis there's nothing wrong with it.
Great answer, thanks. But I think the main pressure is still on the woman, no matter how beautiful and smart she is. Let's imagine they will spend 5 amazing years together. She will be 35, he will be 23... She may start worrying about her age, getting old, etc... ok, she still looks fabulous like Scarlett Johansson, she dedicates time to her beauty, to healthy food and working out, but she's not an eternally young vampire... In ten years, she'll be 40 while her boyfriend will be even younger than her at the moment they started dating. One more important aspect for a woman, she may want to have children at 32... he'll be only 20, will he marry her? won't he be tempted to cheat with others, much younger girls? Such relationships rarely turn into long-lasting happiness. It's something close to a miracle... genuine soulmates that are simply meant to be together no matter what.
ANM775
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Great answer, thanks. But I think the main pressure is still on the woman, no matter how beautiful and smart she is. Let's imagine they will spend 5 amazing years together. She will be 35, he will be 23... She may start worrying about her age, getting old, etc... ok, she still looks fabulous like Scarlett Johansson, she dedicates time to her beauty, to healthy food and working out, but she's not an eternally young vampire... In ten years, she'll be 40 while her boyfriend will be even younger than her at the moment they started dating. One more important aspect for a woman, she may want to have children at 32... he'll be only 20, will he marry her? won't he be tempted to cheat with others, much younger girls? Such relationships rarely turn into long-lasting happiness. It's something close to a miracle... genuine soulmates that are simply meant to be together no matter what.
The original question was it is ok for a 30 year old woman to date an 18 year old male.

now you're questioning the practicality of it.

Yes, in an ideal world it would be better if they were the same ages. yes her bilogical clock is ticking. However i'm sure both her and him will have taken this into account.

also where are you getting your stats from when you such relationships rarely turn into long lasting hapiness?
most 18 year olds reading this with bf's and gf's will not see their relationship turn into "long lasting hapiness" and will get another partner sooner or later so you can't just say that about the age gap woman.
Daniel.Scribbler
Rep:
?
(Original post by ANM775)
The original question was it is ok for a 30 year old woman to date an 18 year old male.

now you're questioning the practicality of it.

Yes, in an ideal world it would be better if they were the same ages. yes her bilogical clock is ticking. However i'm sure both her and him will have taken this into account.

also where are you getting your stats from when you such relationships rarely turn into long lasting hapiness?
most 18 year olds reading this with bf's and gf's will not see their relationship turn into "long lasting hapiness" and will get another partner sooner or later so you can't just say that about the age gap woman.
Well, I haven't gotten this stats from anywhere, but the fact is that the relationship with a 12-year-old gap between partners (especially when a woman is older) is quite rare. I also judge by my bittersweet experience... I was that 18-year-old guy once and I think it was wrong to let my woman go... she was the best one I've ever had.
Anonymous #1
Report 1 week ago
I meaaan... Jason stathem vs Rosie Huntington Whitely.. Enough said 👀
Daniel.Scribbler
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous)
I meaaan... Jason stathem vs Rosie Huntington Whitely.. Enough said 👀
Well, yeah... but when a woman is older, it's a bit more complicated...
LadyMcCartney4
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
well as a 27 year old i wouldn't even consider dating an 18 year old boy so...no? i already had a 24 year old saying i looked 'too old' :lol:
kai'sa
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
that cherlyn cole girl and that young x factor lad??

anyway i like how you talk about yourself in third person
Daniel.Scribbler
Rep:
?
(Original post by kai'sa)
that cherlyn cole girl and that young x factor lad??

anyway i like how you talk about yourself in third person
Googled them, now I know) Perhaps, it's simpler when you are celebrities.
I've decided to analyze the situation itself. It doesn't matter if it's about me or someone else.
Daniel.Scribbler
Rep:
?
(Original post by LadyMcCartney4)
well as a 27 year old i wouldn't even consider dating an 18 year old boy so...no? i already had a 24 year old saying i looked 'too old' :lol:
hmmm... but you never know with whom you can fall in love)) and the main aspect is that She looks very young, say 23 maximum though being 30 in reality.
Yasmin1224
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
What exactly does a 30 year old have in common with with a 18 year old teenage boy?.
Last edited by Yasmin1224; 1 week ago
LadyMcCartney4
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
hmmm... but you never know with whom you can fall in love)) and the main aspect is that She looks very young, say 23 maximum though being 30 in reality.
i still view anyone more than 5 years younger than me as a child, so it would never work.
oh well if she looks younger...that changes everything :rolleyes:
just go for it if you want to.
Daniel.Scribbler
Rep:
?
(Original post by Yasmin1224)
What exactly does a 30 year old have in common with with a 18 year old boy?.
Nothing until you fall in love. It simply clicks and you're there... different stages of life and maturity: yes, but not a radical difference in this case. It surely can happen, you can simply love this person, have fun, improve yourselves together...
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
I dont think that it will work. She is 30 so she is at that stage where she might want to settle down maybe have some kids and be in a serious comitted relationship I dont think and 18 year old is ready for that they are still very young
JamesManc
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
She may look young outwardly, but inwardly you are at different stages of your lives, you'd have nothing really in common. 18 yr olds think they are really mature and grown up, but to a 30yr old they are seen as babies.
Daniel.Scribbler
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous)
I dont think that it will work. She is 30 so she is at that stage where she might want to settle down maybe have some kids and be in a serious comitted relationship I dont think and 18 year old is ready for that they are still very young
She may be slightly rebellious, not traditional for her age (as her genetic blessing also contributes to it)... she may be childfree... but in the situation I've been to, it was the exact reason why we broke up... she wanted to remain herself: joyful, artful, open-minded, but she wanted to share the best things of her Life with her husband, not a boyfriend who's still studying at uni.
Daniel.Scribbler
Rep:
?
(Original post by JamesManc)
She may look young outwardly, but inwardly you are at different stages of your lives, you'd have nothing really in common. 18 yr olds think they are really mature and grown up, but to a 30yr old they are seen as babies.
not for everyone, as my experience shows... and it doesn't mean that a 30-year-old person is silly or something is wrong with her. What do "genuine adults" have in common? They also tend to fight like children, they envy others, and they can also cry that their life is miserable. Common interests? Arts, music, literature... the same worldviews, and abundant energies that satiate them: isn't it enough?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (206)
23.57%
Pop (216)
24.71%
Jazz (33)