The Student Room Group

Don’t know what to do about a girl I like

Don’t usually like making posts like this because I get it sometimes comes across as needy. Please hear me out on this one though and I would like actual advice please.
Basically I have just started sixth form, and there is this really nice looking girl in one of my classes. She’s not one of the types of girls that is constantly wanting attention and is super hot, but she is really pretty and seems like my type of girl. I really like her but I’m not sure what to do from here, because my sixth form is actually split among two schools so I only see her for like 4 hours a week. She also seems really shy and so I would imagine this would be difficult when it comes to actually talking to her. So because most of the time I see her is actually in class, I don’t really see an ideal time to start up a conversation, so what do you guys think I should do. I’ve caught her glancing at me a couple of times when she seems to think I can’t notice her, but then she avoids eye contact when I glance her way. There might be a few trips planned with my class, so this would be a great chance to start talking to her, but then again there are other boys in my class who could talk to her instead or others on the trip. I did also notice a couple of other lads looking at her in the common room area, so I don’t want to feel like I should have acted sooner, what should I do?
just befriend her, its not that deep lol. then see what happens from there.
Reply 2
Original post by Glimmerz
just befriend her, its not that deep lol. then see what happens from there.

No disrespect, but if it were that easy I would have already done it. There isn’t really much of an opportunity in the time that I actually see her to start up a conversation, so I’m not sure on how I can become friends with her. I also don’t want to be friend zoned by her straight away, so is befriending her a good idea?
Original post by Anonymous
Don’t usually like making posts like this because I get it sometimes comes across as needy. Please hear me out on this one though and I would like actual advice please.
Basically I have just started sixth form, and there is this really nice looking girl in one of my classes. She’s not one of the types of girls that is constantly wanting attention and is super hot, but she is really pretty and seems like my type of girl. I really like her but I’m not sure what to do from here, because my sixth form is actually split among two schools so I only see her for like 4 hours a week. She also seems really shy and so I would imagine this would be difficult when it comes to actually talking to her. So because most of the time I see her is actually in class, I don’t really see an ideal time to start up a conversation, so what do you guys think I should do. I’ve caught her glancing at me a couple of times when she seems to think I can’t notice her, but then she avoids eye contact when I glance her way. There might be a few trips planned with my class, so this would be a great chance to start talking to her, but then again there are other boys in my class who could talk to her instead or others on the trip. I did also notice a couple of other lads looking at her in the common room area, so I don’t want to feel like I should have acted sooner, what should I do?

Hi, think you should become her friend first of all.
Then tell her how you feel after a little while once you’ve really gotten to know each other

Quick Reply

Latest