Advice needed- Struggling to commit to AS Levels Watch

Lil_freeman
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Here goes.
I've recently started my AS Levels and I have absolutely no motivation to bother with anything, apart from my Maths and Further Maths AS.
I've changed my options 3 times in the past month and I'm really starting to get sick of just jumping around to different courses. I'm not doing this for the fun of it, I really just don't enjoy any of the options I've tried out.
Mathematics is the only thing I care about and everything else seems to feel pointless to me - I have absolutely no passion for anything else. I know it's not the right attitude to have, but I feel like I just don't "click" with any other options.
I'm really at my wit's end with this. Does anyone have any advice or experiences with feeling like this? 😣
R1C3
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I had a vaguely similar experience back when I did my A-Levels.
My mind was set on a Computer Science degree, and yet there was only one option (ICT) available.

It may seem like a huge waste of time to have those other courses that seem insignificant to what you want to do- but at the end of the day, you're proving to yourself and Universities that you have the ability to learn and study on your own.
Realise how much you want to succeed and get to the University and course you want, and channel that desire into doing well in your other subjects.

I didn't do that and have regretted my mistakes ever since I got my results in 2016. I'm sure everyone else who has ever underachieved what they wanted at A-Level would agree with me on that. I got into the University and course I wanted, but my CV is forever stained by lack of interest I took in one of my other subjects.

Don't make that mistake- and recognise that this is a very small amount of your life that is deciding practically the rest of it. You want those grades to look good on your CV- you can't really go back and change those once it's done. Put yourself in a good spot for future employability and just dig in and get through it.
Perhaps your subjects do share something in common that you can use as a hobby project to stay motivated?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

University open days

• Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate