The Student Room Group

What's your favourite genre?

Poll

What's your favourite genre?

Music is a vast realm full of millions of different styles, each unique to each artist.
However, if we take a step back, we have the very basic, very vague, very broad genres. Vote in the poll to say which your favourite is.
Of course each one can be split into subgenres, I'm just trying to keep it as basic as possible!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Glaz
Music is a vast realm full of millions of different styles, each unique to each artist.
However, if we take a step back, we have the very basic, very vague, very broad genres. Vote in the poll to say which your favourite is.
Of course each one can be split into subgenres, I'm just trying to keep it as basic as possible!

Poll?
Reply 2
Original post by BlossomSugar
Poll?

Poll
Original post by SaDe7
Poll

Lol, it wasn't there a minute ago :biggrin:
Poll?

Poll :yes:
Try refreshing :yy:
Should've included metal with rock
Original post by Glaz
Try refreshing :yy:

Yh, it's there now :h:
Poll?

Original post by SaDe7
Poll

Original post by Glaz

Poll :coma:

...but I won't be voting, as I honestly like music from all the listed genres, and more besides (my father is a folk singer, so I've had a lot of exposure to that, for instance).
Reply 8
Hard to choose. Somewhere between hip-hop, metal, folk. I like playing rock/metal the most so I suppose I'll go with tah
Pop and R&B
Reply 10
I was listening to Astronomy Domine by PInk Floyd when I saw this haha
Why isn't Post Malone a genre in the polls??
Classic rock is the best.
Glad to see Rock is the most popular choice (atm). Seems these days hip-hop owns the minds of the youth. I do love some hip hop, but ill take metal and punk over it any day.
Original post by Alexty28
Glad to see Rock is the most popular choice (atm). Seems these days hip-hop owns the minds of the youth. I do love some hip hop, but ill take metal and punk over it any day.

Do you feel lucky PUNK. Well do ya?
Reply 15
I've been listening to a lot of death grips lately, not quite sure what genre they fall into exactly
I did put j j j j jaaaaaaaaaaazzzzzzz.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsQYzpOHpik
Original post by GreenCub
Classic rock is the best.

YAAASSSSSSS :five:
POP and R&B. Don't know why Rnb isn't there, it's a very popular genre.
Reply 19
Original post by 2468h3
I've been listening to a lot of death grips lately, not quite sure what genre they fall into exactly

It's (experimental) hip-hop

+1 for latin free jazz

Quick Reply

Latest