Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I’m doing an access course in health science. It’s biology and chemistry. I know because I didn’t do a levels I will never be a doctor. I would self teach a levels but I just can’t afford to do so.

Does anyone know of any jobs that are similar/as close as possible to being a doctor? Also if you do could I get onto them through an access? Also if I get a bachelors degree would that be good enough for the jobs or would I need a masters? Can I do a masters degree if I got into a uni by an access? Thank you
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I’m doing an access course in health science. It’s biology and chemistry. I know because I didn’t do a levels I will never be a doctor. I would self teach a levels but I just can’t afford to do so.

Does anyone know of any jobs that are similar/as close as possible to being a doctor? Also if you do could I get onto them through an access? Also if I get a bachelors degree would that be good enough for the jobs or would I need a masters? Can I do a masters degree if I got into a uni by an access? Thank you
A few access courses have links with medical schools who will consider them for direct entry.

Your next check is if you fall in foundation year territory, but that sometimes requires contextual factors.

The next chance is to do something like biomed, get great year 1 results and ask fro a transfer to med.

The final chance is grad med, get a good degree and apply for med entry based on that but its competitive.

All these are much more effort and if you really want to be a doctor, then get a job, save £3k and do the A levels imo.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by 999tigger)
A few access courses have links with medical schools who will consider them for direct entry.

Your next check is if you fall in foundation year territory, but that sometimes requires contextual factors.

The next chance is to do something like biomed, get great year 1 results and ask fro a transfer to med.

The final chance is grad med, get a good degree and apply for med entry based on that but its competitive.

All these are much more effort and if you really want to be a doctor, then get a job, save £3k and do the A levels imo.
Thank you! I doubt I would be able to transfer to medicine unfortunately. You know a levels are around £3k each, it wouldn’t be so bad if it was £3k to do 3, also I have a job ahahaha
999tigger
Report 1 week ago
Thank you! I doubt I would be able to transfer to medicine unfortunately. You know a levels are around £3k each, it wouldn’t be so bad if it was £3k to do 3, also I have a job ahahaha
They arent 3k each, it would be c £3k to do them all imo.
Anonymous #1
It’s around that because you have to pay for the practicals as well
(Original post by 999tigger)
They arent 3k each, it would be c £3k to do them all imo.
returnmigrant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I think you have already asked where you can do Medicine with an Access course on another post - see my response. (Thus is why its better not to post as Anonymous.....).

If you cant face the full Medicine degree have a look at Paramedic courses :https://www.ucas.com/ucas/after-gcse...file/paramedic
999tigger
Report 1 week ago
It’s around that because you have to pay for the practicals as well
No it isnt. look it up. I was basing on 2x science and 1 non. have a look at returnmigrants link.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (19)
5.88%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (187)
57.89%
No (117)
36.22%

Watched Threads