jackrey_nolds
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
These were the subjects I initially chose but now I’m dropping English a level. Am I right in thinking that my uni courses won’t be affected by this third a level? My main focus is biology and Chemistry, the 3rd subject is just to fill in the slots . I’m most likely going to choose economics in its place, is this a good combination? Also will I still be able to do uni courses in like medicine, pharmacy and all that etc. Also (last one lol) will my bio and chem lessons move around in the timetable or will economics just be added to my free slots?
entertainmyfaith
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
yes you'll still be able to apply to the courses you want- the most important thing about the third a level is that it's a subject that you enjoy so you'd have a greater incentive to work hard for the grades you want :yep:
lessons changing will depend on the school- sometimes changing subjects can affect your timetable and sometimes not at all. you'll need to check with your school for details on this.
lemmens
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by jackrey_nolds)
These were the subjects I initially chose but now I’m dropping English a level. Am I right in thinking that my uni courses won’t be affected by this third a level? My main focus is biology and Chemistry, the 3rd subject is just to fill in the slots . I’m most likely going to choose economics in its place, is this a good combination? Also will I still be able to do uni courses in like medicine, pharmacy and all that etc. Also (last one lol) will my bio and chem lessons move around in the timetable or will economics just be added to my free slots?
Biology, chemistry and economics are all highly regarded subjects so as long as you’re interested in them all, then it’s a great combination!! You will be able to apply to medicine, vet med, pharmacy, biomedical sciences, biology etc with these A-levels, yes. However, if you decide you really love chemistry or economics and want to study them further, or study something like natural sciences, then maths would really helpful if not essential. But if not, then your three subjects sound great!! As for your final question, that depends on your college and which blocks each subject is in. Best of luck
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

University open days

• Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate