JohanGRK
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Greywolftwo)
A no deal Brexit would do more damage to the European Union than us
(Original post by Greywolftwo)
I would definitely like to remain but the German and French economies are the two leading economies in Europe, they are also the most fragile. The German economy would suffer because it would cost more to import cars to the U.K., the U.K. is the biggest buyer of German cars in Europe
:rofl:
Greywolftwo
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by JohanGRK)
:rofl:
What does that emoji mean?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by igotthatsauce)
Operation yellowhammer documents have now been released and the details are absolutely shocking.

Summary:
- public disorder
- medicine disruption
- food and electricity price hikes
- job losses
- 3 months lorry disruption at border
- unsafe and unclean water
- fuel shortages

The document in full:
https://assets.publishing.service.go...ptions_CDL.pdf

No deal is quite clearly self harm. And also it's been said the government changed the title of the document from 'base scenario' to 'worst case scenario'.
Why is it shocking. There is bound to be an impact when you have been used to being so tightly integrated. It would only be temporary plus more planing about medicines would ease that. It would only be temporary and then the UK would adjust.

There are those who think being in the EU is also self harm. Just because there will be some disruption doesnt make it the wrong choice.
Burton Bridge
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
So, you're complaining that remain voters wouldn't read a 5 page set of bullet points and explain it all to you, because you couldn't be bothered to read about it before engaging...

It is a low risk given the water boards have the finances and capacity to stockpile chemicals, but we still source a lot of chemicals from the mainland, not from within the UK
No not as all, this is a typical pig headed response to twist what is actually happening and make false points/accusations. Therefore, before you accuse me of things I have not done or said think first! I have read many lengthy documents for example the withdrawal agreement and if I was going to start a discussion on an open forum about a said document, I would happily discuss its content.

It's clear as day what I'm doing, i'm asking those who have read the document and agree strongly enough with it to voice opinion in it, and enlighten others who have not on its contents on an open forum. I'm simply asking these supposed educated people to justify the lunacy of the statement they parroted as fact regarding water. Of which they clearly can't so they resort to belittlement or like yourself false accusations.

It appears to me some remainers are being gullible in believing everything they are told if it supports their view, without challenging it or possessing the abilty or intelligence to understand it.
Last edited by Burton Bridge; 6 days ago
Stiff Little Fingers
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Burton Bridge)
. Therefore, before you accuse me of things I have not done or said think first!
Fortunately I did no such thing since you clearly said you hadn't read the operation yellowhammer report.
jay111a
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Quady)
Yup.

Hopefully house prices will drop too.
they wont
Burton Bridge
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Fortunately I did no such thing since you clearly said you hadn't read the operation yellowhammer report.
Yes you have, you're words

you're complaining that remain voters wouldn't read a 5 page set of bullet points and explain it all to you.

Again I repeat It's clear as day what I'm doing, i'm asking those who have read the document and agree strongly enough with it to voice opinion in it, and enlighten others who have not on its contents on an open forum. I'm simply asking these supposed educated people to justify the lunacy of the statement they parroted as fact regarding water.
Other_Owl
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Everyone reapply for your passport now to ensure you get 10 MORE years of FoM!
Stiff Little Fingers
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Burton Bridge)
Yes you have, you're words

you're complaining that remain voters wouldn't read a 5 page set of bullet points and explain it all to you.

Again I repeat It's clear as day what I'm doing, i'm asking those who have read the document and agree strongly enough with it to voice opinion in it, and enlighten others who have not on its contents on an open forum. I'm simply asking these supposed educated people to justify the lunacy of the statement they parroted as fact regarding water.
And that's still what you were doing - complaining that remain voters wouldn't tell you something that would have taken 2 seconds to find out by simply opening the report and reading it before trying to pass opinion on it.
Burton Bridge
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
And that's still what you were doing - complaining that remain voters wouldn't tell you something that would have taken 2 seconds to find out by simply opening the report and reading it before trying to pass opinion on it.
There is no legitimate reason, it's a nonsense
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by igotthatsauce)
Operation yellowhammer documents have now been released and the details are absolutely shocking.

Summary:
- public disorder
- medicine disruption
- food and electricity price hikes
- job losses
- 3 months lorry disruption at border
- unsafe and unclean water
- fuel shortages

The document in full:
https://assets.publishing.service.go...ptions_CDL.pdf

No deal is quite clearly self harm. And also it's been said the government changed the title of the document from 'base scenario' to 'worst case scenario'.
it's OK we can nibble raw chlorinated chicken whilst watching The Battle of Britain and Darling Buds of May on loop.
Drewski
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Just because there's a plan for something, doesn't mean they expect that something to happen...

Somewhere in Whitehall there will be all kinds of plans. What to do if every member of the Royal Family dies. What to do if a volcano pops up in Bognor Regis. How to cope with the Kraken attacking Bridlington. What to do if the French Army invades via the Channel Tunnel...

Just because a contingency plan exists it doesn't mean there's an expectation that everything will happen. Everybody needs to take a breath and step back for a second.
ColinDent
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Meanwhile over in the land of milk and honey that is Eurotopia

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-49674176

Why is this relevant you ask, because we stick to our guns and there is no way we don't get a much better deal than is currently on offer.
nulli tertius
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Drewski)
Just because there's a plan for something, doesn't mean they expect that something to happen...

Somewhere in Whitehall there will be all kinds of plans. What to do if every member of the Royal Family dies. What to do if a volcano pops up in Bognor Regis. How to cope with the Kraken attacking Bridlington. What to do if the French Army invades via the Channel Tunnel...

Just because a contingency plan exists it doesn't mean there's an expectation that everything will happen. Everybody needs to take a breath and step back for a second.
Indeed; we had plans for everything except the possibility that the public would vote Leave in 2016.
Drewski
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by nulli tertius)
Indeed; we had plans for everything except the possibility that the public would vote Leave in 2016.
Nah, a plan for that will have existed too.

Whether it was heeded is a different matter completely...
Vinny C
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Naww... it's project fear 2. Project fear 1 predicted chaos if we voted to leave and that never happened, did it?
Burton Bridge
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by ColinDent)

Why is this relevant you ask, because we stick to our guns and there is no way we don't get a much better deal than is currently on offer.
That must be incorrect, theres no way this could happen under the brilliant economic management, only xenophobic dummies would think the untouchable unelected old men who sit in Brussels are not economic geniuses providing security for all members :bebored:
Last edited by Burton Bridge; 6 days ago
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by ColinDent)

Despite supporting Brexit I disagree with you. As things stand it looks like Boris is conceding the backstop and simply accepting the EU’s original proposal of NI only.
ColinDent
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Rakas21)
Despite supporting Brexit I disagree with you. As things stand it looks like Boris is conceding the backstop and simply accepting the EU’s original proposal of NI only.
Then you're not really disagreeing with me, I'm suggesting that keeping no deal on the table will not result in this Armageddon type situation as per the OP's post.
ChaoticButterfly
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Drewski)
Nah, a plan for that will have existed too.

Whether it was heeded is a different matter completely...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (201)
23.96%
Pop (208)
24.79%
Jazz (33)
3.93%
Classical (46)
5.48%
Hip-Hop (162)
19.31%
Electronic (57)
6.79%
Indie (132)
15.73%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise