Operation Yellowhammer documents RELEASED and the details are shocking! Watch

Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ColinDent)
Then you're not really disagreeing with me, I'm suggesting that keeping no deal on the table will not result in this Armageddon type situation as per the OP's post.
I agree that No Deal won’t be as disruptive as many think and any distribution will be relatively short term. I’m just saying that Boris has failed to leverage it to get a better deal, he’s picking one on the table.

We do need No Deal on the table though should parliament choose to play politics and not accept a deal, albeit it looks a bad one.
Notoriety
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Michael Gove did appear before a committee and explained that many of these were working assumptions of the previous Govt who never anticipated that no-deal would ever been on the cards.
The RAR
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yeah....we are ****ed :stupid:
ColinDent
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Rakas21)
I agree that No Deal won’t be as disruptive as many think and any distribution will be relatively short term. I’m just saying that Boris has failed to leverage it to get a better deal, he’s picking one on the table.

We do need No Deal on the table though should parliament choose to play politics and not accept a deal, albeit it looks a bad one.
Agreed
Napp
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Alas this is not overly surprising. Although it could all be happening around us and certain pillocks would still be denying it and calling it propaganda :lol:
Napp
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I agree that No Deal won’t be as disruptive as many think and any distribution will be relatively short term.
Considering literally everyone who has a clue on this topic begs to differ with you what evidence do you have to back up said statement?
Vinny C
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
God ol Brexiteers... nothing to see here. Perfectly normal. Project fear... chaos will follow a leave vote! Naww… never happened, dinnit?
Quady
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by the beer)
What kind of mortality rate were you hoping for?
Hadn't really considered it, but picking off some bed blockers has silver linings.
Quady
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by jay111a)
they wont
No? So that's remainer fake news?
jay111a
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Quady)
No? So that's remainer fake news?
That is remainer common sense.
dannybjarkason
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Greywolftwo)
I would definitely like to remain but the German and French economies are the two leading economies in Europe, they are also the most fragile. The German economy would suffer because it would cost more to import cars to the U.K., the U.K. is the biggest buyer of German cars in Europe
Germany have always said that being in the single market is more important than having a deal with the UK. Yes they sell a lot of cars to the UK but not so many that we can’t be replaced with other deals. People need to remember that Germany is a much larger country than the UK, the GDP is about twice as much so while it would be less hassle to just keep things with the UK the same, Germany don’t actually NEED the UK.
Fullofsurprises
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Let’s calm down folks, this particular document is a scenario updated by the prior government.

Gove has stated that the government will release an up to date version.
Well if Gove is on it we can all sleep easy in our beds. :rolleyes:
barnetlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Leaving with a deal involves the UK being poorer.
Leaving with no deal means the UK being much poorer and a risk to health from medicine shortages. The only point I disagree with to an extent is civil disorder, other than if panic buying leads to violence.
Andrew97
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
There is going to be public disorder either way.
Notoriety
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Fullofsurprises)
Well if Gove is on it we can all sleep easy in our beds. :rolleyes:
He is no doubt the best person to deal with import and food safety issues -- given his 2 years of experience as Sec for DEFRA. He is a veritable fountain of knowledge on these issues.
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Worst case scenario as per the May administration (let's not pretend these things are created overnight)
Fullofsurprises
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Notoriety)
He is no doubt the best person to deal with import and food safety issues -- given his 2 years of experience as Sec for DEFRA. He is a veritable fountain of knowledge on these issues.
I wonder if he knows that Dover matters?
Quady
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
That is remainer common sense.
Same difference innit
jay111a
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Quady)
Same difference innit
No. "fake news" is what stupid people say when they run out of nonsensical arguments to back up their obviously incorrect statements or when they have been backed into a corner. Donald Trump for example.
Quady
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No. "fake news" is what stupid people say when they run out of nonsensical arguments to back up their obviously incorrect statements or when they have been backed into a corner. Donald Trump for example.
Common sense is what stupid people say when they have nothing to back up their assertions.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (65)
23.3%
No (214)
76.7%

Watched Threads