S.dsh12
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I am currently studying A-levelchemistry and biology and a btec psychology. I would like to study medicine however lots of people are saying that I would not get into medicine with them choices. Can anyone help me please ? Is there any medical schools who accept 1 btec or is there an alternative courses that I can study with these choices to get into graduate year of medicine?
NaeemC
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Unfortunately, there are no medical schools who accept BTEC courses. Did you recently start year 12? If so, you should request to change your subject so you are doing all A-levels.

There is always the graduate entry option which is not recommended due to the fierce competition and financial implications. However, if you do choose this route then you would apply to an undergrad bioscience course (generally biomedical sciences).
S.dsh12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by NaeemC)
Unfortunately, there are no medical schools who accept BTEC courses. Did you recently start year 12? If so, you should request to change your subject so you are doing all A-levels.

There is always the graduate entry option which is not recommended due to the fierce competition and financial implications. However, if you do choose this route then you would apply to an undergrad bioscience course (generally biomedical sciences).
Thank you . Is biomedical science the only course who accepts btec and 2 a-levels?
NaeemC
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by S.dsh12)
Thank you . Is biomedical science the only course who accepts btec and 2 a-levels?
No, but biomedical sciences is the more popular choice for students wanting to enter medicine after. Of course, you can always choose any biosciences course.

So are you in year 12 or year 13?
S.dsh12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
(Original post by NaeemC)
No, but biomedical sciences is the more popular choice for students wanting to enter medicine after. Of course, you can always choose any biosciences course.

So are you in year 12 or year 13?
Year 12
NaeemC
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by S.dsh12)
Year 12
As you've just started, there is still time for you to change the btec to an A level. The sooner this is done, the better.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Stirling
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 26 Sep '19
  • Heriot-Watt University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Scottish Borders Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 27 Sep '19
  • Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Sat, 28 Sep '19

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (14)
6.73%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (116)
55.77%
No (78)
37.5%

Watched Threads