How accurate are body fat % checkers Watch

G_Singh145
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi guys, I check my weight fairly often in my gym and for an extra 30p I can check my body fat %, I normally do this to round it up to £1. But recently I have been eating cleaning and going gym more and as a result my weight is increasing with muscle mass, but also I feel my fat on my stomach is also decreasing.

But my body fat % has gone from 13% to 15%. Is this really accurate or just fabricated number?
Joe312
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If you mean the scale type things that send an electrical impulse through your body, they are useless. Buy a skin fold calliper and learn to use it if you want accuracy.
angelike1
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If you're putting on muscle you'll also put on a little bit of fat. The fat on your stomach might be decreasing or your abs are becoming more dominant which makes the fat look less prominent.
Moose-er
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
My body fat percentage is 15% but the machine at the gym said 23% . Using tape or Callipers and plugging your measurments into a formula tends to be more accurate
Poliose
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Cool post bro
G_Singh145
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Joe312)
If you mean the scale type things that send an electrical impulse through your body, they are useless. Buy a skin fold calliper and learn to use it if you want accuracy.
Thanks just wanted some clarification it was false
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you registered to vote?

18-20 years old (yes) (135)
54%
18-20 years old (no) (30)
12%
20-25 years old (yes) (39)
15.6%
20-25 years old (no) (4)
1.6%
25-30 years old (yes) (18)
7.2%
25-30 years old (no) (0)
0%
30-40 years old (yes) (12)
4.8%
30-40 years old (no) (1)
0.4%
40+ years old (yes) (5)
2%
40+ years old (no) (6)
2.4%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

Oops, nobody has posted
in the last few hours.

Why not re-start the conversation?

Start new discussion

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise