how to stop an addition to food/sugar? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
so all my life i’ve been obsessed with sweet things and it’s taken a toll on pretty much everything and i need to stop. i’m not saying i’m trying to restrict my eating but i know that if i don’t completely cut it for now i’ll end up eating loads again, so imo it’s the best way. i think my problem is that i’m in denial of the effects of sugar, like i’ll tell myself this one packet won’t hurt, then end up eating a lot. so, could someone please sort of ‘scare me’ with facts so i have a clearer image of why what i’m doing is wrong and will hopefully be able to tackle it more easily?

i also have issues with eating too quickly and overeating, so if i could have facts about the issues with this that would help me too. also, any tips or helpful methods for being able to eat more healthily (not about daily calorie count and eating whole foods etc i’ve already seen that a lot, just helpful advice). thanks!
sam4858
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
so all my life i’ve been obsessed with sweet things and it’s taken a toll on pretty much everything and i need to stop. i’m not saying i’m trying to restrict my eating but i know that if i don’t completely cut it for now i’ll end up eating loads again, so imo it’s the best way. i think my problem is that i’m in denial of the effects of sugar, like i’ll tell myself this one packet won’t hurt, then end up eating a lot. so, could someone please sort of ‘scare me’ with facts so i have a clearer image of why what i’m doing is wrong and will hopefully be able to tackle it more easily?

i also have issues with eating too quickly and overeating, so if i could have facts about the issues with this that would help me too. also, any tips or helpful methods for being able to eat more healthily (not about daily calorie count and eating whole foods etc i’ve already seen that a lot, just helpful advice). thanks!
Although I can't tell u the specifics of what will go wrong with you if you continue eating unhealthily, I can suggest some ways I tackled this problem myself.
I used to eat sugar because Its how I coped during bouts of depression, it didn't help but it gave me some enjoyment, the thing that sugar supposedly does for your brain. Like when you were a kid and the slightest bit of sugar would send you nuts, except now you're an adult and it's now much more watered down and less noticeably effective.
But in the long run it wasn't doing me any favours, for me sugar makes me more depressed and gives me terrible skin. Nevertheless it was difficult trying to cut down.
I'd say, slowly start replacing the sugary foods with fruit, but fruit you enjoy eating, I didn't go cold turkey but if you feel like it'll work better for you, do it.
Don't buy things that you'll be tempted to eat, if you live at home and there's just things around in the cupboards ask whoever buys them to keep it out of site or somewhere you won't find it.
If you like sugary tea or coffee, replace it with a natural sweetener.
Lastly, if you think there's a root cause then find it and talk about it, think back to the time it all started and what was going on then, it might be a bad habit formed from something traumatic that you've latched on to.
Good luck, it might take some time to get over but you'll do it eventually x
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
(Original post by sam4858)
Although I can't tell u the specifics of what will go wrong with you if you continue eating unhealthily, I can suggest some ways I tackled this problem myself.
I used to eat sugar because Its how I coped during bouts of depression, it didn't help but it gave me some enjoyment, the thing that sugar supposedly does for your brain. Like when you were a kid and the slightest bit of sugar would send you nuts, except now you're an adult and it's now much more watered down and less noticeably effective.
But in the long run it wasn't doing me any favours, for me sugar makes me more depressed and gives me terrible skin. Nevertheless it was difficult trying to cut down.
I'd say, slowly start replacing the sugary foods with fruit, but fruit you enjoy eating, I didn't go cold turkey but if you feel like it'll work better for you, do it.
Don't buy things that you'll be tempted to eat, if you live at home and there's just things around in the cupboards ask whoever buys them to keep it out of site or somewhere you won't find it.
If you like sugary tea or coffee, replace it with a natural sweetener.
Lastly, if you think there's a root cause then find it and talk about it, think back to the time it all started and what was going on then, it might be a bad habit formed from something traumatic that you've latched on to.
Good luck, it might take some time to get over but you'll do it eventually x
thank you for your reply i honestly don’t know what causes it, when it comes to eating mindlessly it’s usually out of boredom and i feel like in order to overcome it i need to take my mind off of it but i really struggle with that, i convince myself that i’m hungry. in terms of overeating i don’t want to leave food leftover so i’m not sure how to tackle this, i would try to portion it better so i can finish it without overeating but i really don’t know what portions i should be going for.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (164)
24.62%
Pop (163)
24.47%
Jazz (26)