more_like_myself
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I am currently on a break from my mental health nursing degree. Should I go back, I would have an intense last 6 months to complete. The issue is that I'm not sure I want to. My last placement was horrid and I feel so unprepared for nursing, I would also argue that it would be a huge learning curve to go back after the whole year I will have had off and I feel disillusioned with the whole thing.
Some of my friends refute that I can be passionate about my area and would gain more options from finishing the course, whether I practice or not. I can see where they're coming from.
Any thoughts?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by more_like_myself)
I am currently on a break from my mental health nursing degree. Should I go back, I would have an intense last 6 months to complete. The issue is that I'm not sure I want to. My last placement was horrid and I feel so unprepared for nursing, I would also argue that it would be a huge learning curve to go back after the whole year I will have had off and I feel disillusioned with the whole thing.
Some of my friends refute that I can be passionate about my area and would gain more options from finishing the course, whether I practice or not. I can see where they're coming from.
Any thoughts?
Are they saying you must go back now or can you take more time off?
If you are definitely not ready get a another medical note.
If you are ready go.
If it might be difficult but you can tough it out then I think its worth finishing.

It is still a degree and you dont have to practice.
Seris
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Go back. Life throws obstacles in our way but we all somehow manage to keep ongoing.
more_like_myself
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
It's so interesting you're both saying this. I'm trying really hard not to go back at this point. I found my preferred career path! 😂
If I can get into the right, focused head space then I will go back.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

University open days

• University of Stirling
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 26 Sep '19
  • Heriot-Watt University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Scottish Borders Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 27 Sep '19
  • Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Sat, 28 Sep '19

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (19)
7.88%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (135)
56.02%
No (87)
36.1%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed