The Student Room Group

Seeking advice; should I finish my course?

I am currently on a break from my mental health nursing degree. Should I go back, I would have an intense last 6 months to complete. The issue is that I'm not sure I want to. My last placement was horrid and I feel so unprepared for nursing, I would also argue that it would be a huge learning curve to go back after the whole year I will have had off and I feel disillusioned with the whole thing.
Some of my friends refute that I can be passionate about my area and would gain more options from finishing the course, whether I practice or not. I can see where they're coming from.
Any thoughts?
Original post by more_like_myself
I am currently on a break from my mental health nursing degree. Should I go back, I would have an intense last 6 months to complete. The issue is that I'm not sure I want to. My last placement was horrid and I feel so unprepared for nursing, I would also argue that it would be a huge learning curve to go back after the whole year I will have had off and I feel disillusioned with the whole thing.
Some of my friends refute that I can be passionate about my area and would gain more options from finishing the course, whether I practice or not. I can see where they're coming from.
Any thoughts?

Are they saying you must go back now or can you take more time off?
If you are definitely not ready get a another medical note.
If you are ready go.
If it might be difficult but you can tough it out then I think its worth finishing.

It is still a degree and you dont have to practice.
Reply 2
Go back. Life throws obstacles in our way but we all somehow manage to keep ongoing.
It's so interesting you're both saying this. I'm trying really hard not to go back at this point. I found my preferred career path! 😂
If I can get into the right, focused head space then I will go back.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending