Infection in toe - who to see? Watch

dragonoftime
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Im fairly certain I had an ingrown toenail but it wasn't very serious nor painful, but it's caused an infection regardless (hot, puss, swollen, painful, etc, the full monty). I put off seeing anyone because the actual ingrown toenail wasn't too bad until the infection set in. Now, I go back to uni on Friday and I already happened to have an appointment with a nurse on Thursday (tomorrow) to dress a SH wound at the surgery I'm a temporary patient at. Do I bring up the infection in that appointment with the nurse? or do I call the doctors and ask for another appointment on that day, go to a walk in centre, or wait until I'm back at uni and go to the surgery I'm properly registered at? I've never had an ingrown toenail before so I don't know what's the best thing to do. And I know most nurses can prescribe, but not all can, and as I'm not a permanent patient at this surgery I'm not sure whether this nurse can?? Aaaaa.
Anonymous #1
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by dragonoftime)
Im fairly certain I had an ingrown toenail but it wasn't very serious nor painful, but it's caused an infection regardless (hot, puss, swollen, painful, etc, the full monty). I put off seeing anyone because the actual ingrown toenail wasn't too bad until the infection set in. Now, I go back to uni on Friday and I already happened to have an appointment with a nurse on Thursday (tomorrow) to dress a SH wound at the surgery I'm a temporary patient at. Do I bring up the infection in that appointment with the nurse? or do I call the doctors and ask for another appointment on that day, go to a walk in centre, or wait until I'm back at uni and go to the surgery I'm properly registered at? I've never had an ingrown toenail before so I don't know what's the best thing to do. And I know most nurses can prescribe, but not all can, and as I'm not a permanent patient at this surgery I'm not sure whether this nurse can?? Aaaaa.
Go to the ****ing doctor ASAP. I had an ingrown to nail, didn’t give a ****, but after a few weeks the infection rapidly spread around my whole toe. When it happened to me, I went to my GP, and they referred me to a foot clinic who gave me an operation to remove the ingrown toe nail under local anaesthesia. Due to me going to the doctors late, I struggled with this infection for a year.
dragonoftime
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous)
Go to the ****ing doctor ASAP. I had an ingrown to nail, didn’t give a ****, but after a few weeks the infection rapidly spread around my whole toe. When it happened to me, I went to my GP, and they referred me to a foot clinic who gave me an operation to remove the ingrown toe nail under local anaesthesia. Due to me going to the doctors late, I struggled with this infection for a year.
Will it be likely the nurse I see tomorrow can do anything though? Antibiotics for the infection etc. Or should I just wait until I go back to uni so I can book an appointment with my regular GP is what im tryIng to say.
OR321
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I thought you said “who wants to see” 🤢🤢🤢😂
dragonoftime
Rep:
?
(Original post by OR321)
I thought you said “who wants to see” 🤢🤢🤢😂
😷😷😷😷😷 I hate feet just as much as the next person so don't worry, absolutely not 😂😂
Anonymous #1
Report 1 week ago
Will it be likely the nurse I see tomorrow can do anything though? Antibiotics for the infection etc. Or should I just wait until I go back to uni so I can book an appointment with my regular GP is what im tryIng to say.
At first, the GP wanted to try antibiotics before removing my nail (how stupid), but it obviously didn’t work, because as long as the nail is in the skin, the infection won’t die. See the nurse if you want and try antibiotics, but it’s unlikely it would work. Just make sure you see your GP and are referred to a foot clinic. I’m just giving you advice based on my experience, maybe the antibiotics might work idk. But my ingrown toe nail was very very bad, yours right now might not be as bad. I think sometimes an ingrown toe nail can fix itself, but I’m just saying all this because I had a very bad experience with my infection. I was also getting scared of my infection because on the internet it says there is a risk of the infection spreading to the bone, but only if it’s as bad as mine. Just don’t google anything lol
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
I would try and get doctors appt tomorrow and failing that mention it to nurse. She may get doc in to look at it if she thinks it needs antibiotics. I too had a bad experience with ingrown toe nail and have a very ugly big toe as a consequence. Get it seen to quickly!
dragonoftime
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous)
I would try and get doctors appt tomorrow and failing that mention it to nurse. She may get doc in to look at it if she thinks it needs antibiotics. I too had a bad experience with ingrown toe nail and have a very ugly big toe as a consequence. Get it seen to quickly!
I'll mention it, I don't think I'll have time in my appointment because they're all 10 minute appointments and I'm there for something else anyway but I'll try. I might have to wait till I go back to uni otherwise 😭
Anonymous #3
Report 1 week ago
Mention it to the nurse - she will either get the doctor to give you a prescription or tell you to make an appointment with them.
I'll mention it, I don't think I'll have time in my appointment because they're all 10 minute appointments and I'm there for something else anyway but I'll try. I might have to wait till I go back to uni otherwise 😭
er
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (19)
7.95%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (134)
56.07%
No (86)
35.98%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed