The Student Room Group

3 U's at A-Level

I got
2A
3B
6C
in GCSE'S and then got 3 U's not because I found it hard but because I didn't try for them, so I'm asking is it possible to complete a foundation year of aerospace engineering ? or would it be near impossible due to it being a complicated course?
also what kind of topics or modules should I look into before my lectures start ?
Original post by CuriousUser6910
I got
2A
3B
6C
in GCSE'S and then got 3 U's not because I found it hard but because I didn't try for them, so I'm asking is it possible to complete a foundation year of aerospace engineering ? or would it be near impossible due to it being a complicated course?
also what kind of topics or modules should I look into before my lectures start ?

Why don't you give the foundation year a go? See how you get on?

Why did you get the U grades? Were there other issues involved? If so, have they been solved?
Reply 2
I got
2A
3B
6C

I’m assuming this is the second year of A levels that you completed? How are you going to get into uni with 3 fails? I don’t get it.

If this is first year, won’t your sixth form kick you out? Or you would have to look at alternative courses like btecs. Or if there was a reason why you failed and they know you are capable then they may allow you to continue with your A levels and it will be fine because it doesn’t count towards your final grade anymore, unless one or more of your subjects was an AS so you sat an external AS exam at the end of year 1 because that goes on ucas, but even then they may still give you a chance if you got a valid reason.
Original post by idontkn
I’m assuming this is the second year of A levels that you completed? How are you going to get into uni with 3 fails? I don’t get it.

If this is first year, won’t your sixth form kick you out? Or you would have to look at alternative courses like btecs. Or if there was a reason why you failed and they know you are capable then they may allow you to continue with your A levels and it will be fine because it doesn’t count towards your final grade anymore, unless one or more of your subjects was an AS so you sat an external AS exam at the end of year 1 because that goes on ucas, but even then they may still give you a chance if you got a valid reason.

You're not giving the OP any advice whatsoever and instead are getting hung up over their A level grades.

OP got into the university due to extenuating circumstances, obviously.
(edited 4 years ago)
if you have 3 u's at a-level you don't have any a-levels so no you cannot go to uni with just gcse's
Original post by angelinahx
if you have 3 u's at a-level you don't have any a-levels so no you cannot go to uni with just gcse's

OP has already gotten into university. :facepalm:
Original post by Quick-use
OP has already gotten into university. :facepalm:

literally how? there was a girl at my school last year who had an unconditional offer yet didn't get it because U is literally not even a grade
Original post by angelinahx
literally how? there was a girl at my school last year who had an unconditional offer yet didn't get it because U is literally not even a grade

OP had extenuating circumstances. I believe someone in the family may have passed away.
OP had extenuating circumstances. I believe someone in the family may have passed away.

yes someone passed away...

I just want to know if it is possible to do because I did bio chem and maths and understood it but got a U and my reasons are as stated
but is it possible to complete such a complex course with so many gaps in my knowledge or would they teach me everything I would need to learn and it would be just as hard for me as for most students in the course (foundation aerospace eng )
yes someone passed away...

I just want to know if it is possible to do because I did bio chem and maths and understood it but got a U and my reasons are as stated
but is it possible to complete such a complex course with so many gaps in my knowledge or would they teach me everything I would need to learn and it would be just as hard for me as for most students in the course (foundation aerospace eng )

It's a foundation course - they'll teach you the basics of what you'd need to know before the actual degree. It's basically like doing the final year of A levels but specifically for Aerospace.

I think you should be fine! Try it out and see how you get on. :rambo:
It's a foundation course - they'll teach you the basics of what you'd need to know before the actual degree. It's basically like doing the final year of A levels but specifically for Aerospace.

I think you should be fine! Try it out and see how you get on. :rambo:

thanks man I was so nervous cause everyone was saying I will flop because of my 3 u's but this has motivated me to do well thanks
thanks man I was so nervous cause everyone was saying I will flop because of my 3 u's but this has motivated me to do well thanks

Don't worry about it. :h: You'll be fine.

Enjoy yourself and work hard. :rambo:

Quick Reply

Latest