Is it possible to transfer to a better university second year? Watch

welard78
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
In 2018, I did horrible in A Levels, got DDD. However I was fortunate enough to have Essex University accept me in clearing to study Marketing BSc. Fast forward one year and after extreme character development and change I have managed to redeem myself by achieving a 1st for year one here in My Uni for Marketing BSc. I am now curious if it is possible for me to transfer to a Russell group university with my current circumstance studying the same course to start year two. What are the chances that the likes of let’s say Uni of Manchester, Birmingham, Nottingham, Loughborough or Southampton accept me? And what’s the process like?
Quick-use
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by welard78)
In 2018, I did horrible in A Levels, got DDD. However I was fortunate enough to have Essex University accept me in clearing to study Marketing BSc. Fast forward one year and after extreme character development and change I have managed to redeem myself by achieving a 1st for year one here in My Uni for Marketing BSc. I am now curious if it is possible for me to transfer to a Russell group university with my current circumstance studying the same course to start year two. What are the chances that the likes of let’s say Uni of Manchester, Birmingham, Nottingham, Loughborough or Southampton accept me? And what’s the process like?
Why don't you email them and find out?

Congratulations on the First this year. :rambo:
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Are you willing to suspend your studies for a year and apply for 2020?

The process for transfers is slower than applying for first year entry and you have decided to look into it with less than a month before the start of the academic year.
welard78
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by PQ)
Are you willing to suspend your studies for a year and apply for 2020?

The process for transfers is slower than applying for first year entry and you have decided to look into it with less than a month before the start of the academic year.
Yes, however only if my aspiration has a realistic chance of happening. Otherwise if the chances are slim I’d rather just continue with my current University.

However just out of curiosity, let’s say I did hand my transfer enquiry months ago, would these Russell Group universities be likely to offer me a place considering my circumstances?

I know you can’t give an accurate depiction however if you are aware of anybody who was in a similar situation to me and managed to successfully transfer as well as any info of what the process is like then this would be of great value towards my knowledge. Thank you.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yes, however only if my aspiration has a realistic chance of happening. Otherwise if the chances are slim I’d rather just continue with my current University.

However just out of curiosity, let’s say I did hand my transfer enquiry months ago, would these Russell Group universities be likely to offer me a place considering my circumstances?

I know you can’t give an accurate depiction however if you are aware of anybody who was in a similar situation to me and managed to successfully transfer as well as any info of what the process is like then this would be of great value towards my knowledge. Thank you.
The only way to find out is to apply. Universities can only check for compatibility of modules if you apply.
Loughborough University
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi welard78

If you'd like more information about this, feel free to contact our admissions office at [email protected]

All the best
Tendo!
Dexter321
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
If you do contact Loughborough, don't mention your wish to go to Russell Group as they aren't. (not a negative as we rate Loughborough....just stating fact).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 21 Sep '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 21 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 21 Sep '19

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (8)
6.4%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (70)
56%
No (47)
37.6%

Watched Threads