Boris Johnson is the greatest prime minister of all times!! Watch

HucktheForde
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Boris Johnson rips up restrictions on foreign students with two-year post-study work visa

International students will be able to stay and work in the UK for two years after graduating – a huge climbdown by the Government which had previously restricted the period to four months.

The rule change ends one of Theresa May’s most controversial immigration policies which critics argued would deter international students from applying to British institutions and would lead to the loss of bright students who could contribute to the UK after being educated here.

https://inews.co.uk/news/education/p...onal-students/

THANK U BORIS

:woo:

:woo::woo:

:woo::woo::woo::woo::woo:
ml55
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
only real men mislead the queen
byakuya kuchki
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yea the greatest Prime Minister f***ing his own country and its inhabitant but helping others... glad you will find a job. I am guessing he will be out of his very soon
MagnumKoishi
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Honestly aside from his questionable actions surrounding brexit he's done well. (some people love that he's being strong, proactive and going against parliament since they're not listening to the people, and some people hate that he's undermining democracy and trying to force through a no deal- that's a different matter entirely)

Boris has been a great prime minister and he's doing loads of good for the country, such as those extra 20000 police officers that he seems to be following through on.

I think a lot of people see he's pro-brexit and immediately decide they hate him, and fail to see all the good that he's doing. I will certainly be voting for him in the inevitable election that will come soon enough
MagnumKoishi
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by byakuya kuchki)
Yea the greatest Prime Minister f***ing his own country and its inhabitant but helping others... glad you will find a job. I am guessing he will be out of his very soon
Love your username, but even if you really are captain of the sixth division I can't agree with your politics lol. He's unlikely to be out of his job soon, given that looking at the polls he's significantly ahead of the next three parties. There's a lot of conservative support once you get away from student echo chambers
HucktheForde
Rep:
?
(Original post by byakuya kuchki)
you have no idea how much foreign talent who studied in the UK can contributes to the UK if they are allowed to stay.
byakuya kuchki
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by MagnumKoishi)
Love your username, but even if you really are captain of the sixth division I can't agree with your politics lol. He's unlikely to be out of his job soon, given that looking at the polls he's significantly ahead of the next three parties. There's a lot of conservative support once you get away from student echo chambers
Actually, I supported conservative but then I saw the shambolic joke they seem to call 'governing' and woke up. Oh bloody brilliant 20,000 extra police officers in this country? OMG I WAS SO WRONG ABOUT THEM. Where was Boris when conservatives initiated austerity measures? Hell he had no problem cutting policing numbers then did he? He is doing it for the vote. Trust me, the only reason he will win an election (if he does) is due to Corbyn... I know my politics, hope you do yours.
Last edited by byakuya kuchki; 1 week ago
byakuya kuchki
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by HucktheForde)
you have no idea how much foreign talent who studied in the UK can contributes to the UK if they are allowed to stay.
I have no problem with that... I am just sad that he doesn't have his priority in order. He should be dealing with Brexit not wasting time with policies that are of no real importance right now. There are other things that he should be dealing with first (falling pound, foreign trade, deficit, national security?). But I digress. Also to call him 'the greatest Prime minister' might be a tad of a hyperbole? I think his legacy will be more like May then Churchill...
_Wellies_
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
A sign of things to come.

Once we leave the EU, Britain will be opened up to immigration from around the world.

It is not something I have a problem with, but Brexit supporters are going extremely disappointed when they realise the establishment has completely shafted them.
MagnumKoishi
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by _Wellies_)
A sign of things to come.

Once we leave the EU, Britain will be opened up to immigration from around the world.

It is not something I have a problem with, but Brexit supporters are going extremely disappointed when they realise the establishment has completely shafted them.
The general idea is to open up our country worldwide to valuable immigrants, such as students and workers, whilst restricting immigration from those with no direct benefit (namely those with no intention of working. Don't kid yourself; they do exist and they do harm the economy. The only benefit to having them is a moral one, which is a subjective argument that I'm not willing to have). Leaving the EU gives us the freedom to do this.

So yes, those who voted to leave to stop immigrants from "taking their jobs" will be disappointed.

But those who voted leave to stop immigrants from doing the opposite (coming here without trying to get a job) will not be
Last edited by MagnumKoishi; 1 week ago
_Wellies_
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
The general idea is to open up our country worldwide to valuable immigrants, such as students and workers, whilst restricting immigration from those with no direct benefit (namely those with no intention of working. Don't kid yourself; they do exist and they do harm the economy. The only benefit to having them is a moral one, which is a subjective argument that I'm not willing to have). Leaving the EU gives us the freedom to do this.

So yes, those who voted to leave to stop immigrants from "taking their jobs" will be disappointed.

But those who voted leave to stop immigrants from doing the opposite (coming here without trying to get a job) will not be
From your post, we can only conclude you are wilfully ignorant of the benefits restrictions migrants, particularly those from the EU, are subject to. Please educate yourself about the issue so that you don't embarrass yourself in the future.

While you may be of a different view, the majority of Brexit supporters wanted to see immigration reduced. They are in for one hell of a reality check post-Brexit.
MagnumKoishi
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by _Wellies_)
From your post, we can only conclude you are wilfully ignorant of the benefits restrictions migrants, particularly those from the EU, are subject to. Please educate yourself about the issue so that you don't embarrass yourself in the future.

While you may be of a different view, the majority of Brexit supporters wanted to see immigration reduced. They are in for one hell of a reality check post-Brexit.
Lol fair enough. And being wrong about politics isn't an embarrassment honestly; there's far worse things to be wrong about (speaking as a scientist).
Politics and other debate driven things can be fun to engage with, but don't matter in the grand scheme of things. I don't care for the matter enough to research it, I'll just make a mental note that I'm not informed enough to discuss it on this level
Just my opinion
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
If Boris wins an election a major part of it will be because labour chose Corbyn.
Ironically reflecting trumps triumph because the Democrats chose Clinton
Two charismatic divisive blonde leaders, not so much won by themselves as much as helped into power by the poor choices of their opponents.
Last edited by Just my opinion; 1 week ago
z-hog
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Great news for the Education business, the money from foreign students being vital as it is. They'd been losing customers to Australia and other places big time and that's what has brought this about. It's all about their money and nothing to do with students or education, this country doesn't need any more graduates. Only their fees.
Last edited by z-hog; 1 week ago
byakuya kuchki
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Lol fair enough. And being wrong about politics isn't an embarrassment honestly; there's far worse things to be wrong about (speaking as a scientist).
Politics and other debate driven things can be fun to engage with, but don't matter in the grand scheme of things. I don't care for the matter enough to research it, I'll just make a mental note that I'm not informed enough to discuss it on this level
This is why we shouldn't give the people (or the stupid ones at least) a vote... and yea you are right being wrong about politics isn't an embarrassment (tell that to Cameron when you find him, I am sure he will agree with you)
Archetypally
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You're right, we've had Prime Ministers lead us through war and drastic crises, implement bold and effective policies, but despite Boris Johnson starting his premiership off with nothing but consistent stumbles, this one, albeit, positive change, means he's the best Prime Minister of all time.
Legally Jasmine
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Don't think that makes him the best PM, but good news for me regardless :woo:
HucktheForde
Rep:
?
(Original post by Legally Jasmine)
Don't think that makes him the best PM, but good news for me regardless :woo:
i am looking to do my postgrad in the UK now
Alexty28
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Well I'm not PM yet.
Vinny C
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Rofl... if this is the belief of Brexiteers, no wonder we are in such deep ****.
Last edited by Vinny C; 1 week ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (18)
7.69%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (131)
55.98%
No (85)
36.32%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise