If I do Alevels Bio, physics and maths, could I still do a mech. engineering degree? Watch

Azimbrook1
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Also, can I do every single engineering degree (apart from chemical)?. and what do you think about my subjects?
TheRealSaifali
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
usual choice of a level’s for someone going into engineering consider chem over bio, as it’s more desirable for engineering sector i assume.
Azimbrook1
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by TheRealSaifali)
usual choice of a level’s for someone going into engineering consider chem over bio, as it’s more desirable for engineering sector i assume.
I know,that's why I'm scared about my options, I like biology much more than chemistry. but is it still possible?
AliceV_647
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Azimbrook1)
I know,that's why I'm scared about my options, I like biology much more than chemistry. but is it still possible?
The best way to find out if it's possible is to look up some eng courses that you like and see what they require. One of my friends is doing mechanical eng this year and he did physics, maths and economics if that helps!
Shafi_haque
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Most engineering courses only require Maths and Physics A level, and dont mind what the third subject is!
Deggs_14
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yes I should think so, usually maths and physics and sometimes further maths are required for engineering courses. It depends what type of engineering interests you, you might find yay enjoy biotechnology and engineering systems for lab-grown plants and that sort of thing, in which biology would be more useful.
TheRealSaifali
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Azimbrook1)
most engineering courses require ONE science subject, so i’m guessing it’s fine to have physics and biology & ace them.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

University open days

• University of Stirling
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 26 Sep '19
  • Heriot-Watt University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Scottish Borders Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 27 Sep '19
  • Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Sat, 28 Sep '19

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (40)
7.68%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (303)
58.16%
No (178)
34.17%

Watched Threads