HELP! I'm trying to get into a sixth form but my predicted grades are bad Watch

Ulk_
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I've just started year 11 and I have started applying to sixth forms. On the sixth form I want to get into's admissions page it says one must have great predicted grades. My predicted grades are based on my postcode my parents salaries and so on and so forth and not on me! These grades (mainly 6s) haven't changed since year 7 and I predict myself to be getting 8s and 9s in all my subjects.

What should I do and are these predicted grades really as important as they seem?
CalypsoXenoo
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Ulk_)
I've just started year 11 and I have started applying to sixth forms. On the sixth form I want to get into's admissions page it says one must have great predicted grades. My predicted grades are based on my postcode my parents salaries and so on and so forth and not on me! These grades (mainly 6s) haven't changed since year 7 and I predict myself to be getting 8s and 9s in all my subjects.

What should I do and are these predicted grades really as important as they seem?
u will get into many college I had predicted grades of 4s 5s and 6s and 1 7 and I got into all colleges I applied ti
Hazzabear
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Ulk_)

When are you applying for sixth form?

If you complete any mocks / pre examinations before your application you can always bring them to your interview too, to show you’re able of achieving those grades.

I don’t understand how a predicted grade is based on your parents salary, never seen that at a school before.

Does the sixth form specify what are the “great predicted grades”, because a grade 4 could be amazing for one person, grades can’t be comparable in that sense.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Stirling
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 26 Sep '19
  • Heriot-Watt University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Scottish Borders Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 27 Sep '19
  • Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Sat, 28 Sep '19

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (39)
7.59%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (299)
58.17%
No (176)
34.24%

Watched Threads