Withdrawal from course and removal from university Watch

livingoxymoron
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
I am currently in a state of confusion as well as being really upset. I just want to start off by saying that I take full responsibility for my actions and understand that I am at fault. I had failed my coursework (100% of module mark) for a module of mine and was given a resit opportunity over the summer. I unfortunately did not pass my resit opportunity because of problems I was facing during the period which at the time I didn't think would affect my work but it did (I have already checked and don't think appealing would even be worth it). When I received my resit results, I was assured that the worst which could happen would be that I would be made to resit the year all over again. Furthermore, after receiving my resit failure results, I was receiving emails about starting the term again and attending tutor meetings which made me believe that maybe I was given another opportunity. However, suddenly yesterday I received this email telling me that I have been withdrawn from the course and have been removed from the university and also that I cannot reapply again.
I once again reiterate that I take full responsibility for my failure but I wasn't told that the decision could be this harsh, I was mislead throughout with emails about starting year 2 and I have been informed about this decision at a time when it is very difficult to apply to another university again with places filling up quickly.

Please could I receive some additional advice. I have already been trying to contact my course officer and did speak to someone on the phone yesterday however the response was very vague.
cheesecakelove
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by livingoxymoron)
I am currently in a state of confusion as well as being really upset. I just want to start off by saying that I take full responsibility for my actions and understand that I am at fault. I had failed my coursework (100% of module mark) for a module of mine and was given a resit opportunity over the summer. I unfortunately did not pass my resit opportunity because of problems I was facing during the period which at the time I didn't think would affect my work but it did (I have already checked and don't think appealing would even be worth it). When I received my resit results, I was assured that the worst which could happen would be that I would be made to resit the year all over again. Furthermore, after receiving my resit failure results, I was receiving emails about starting the term again and attending tutor meetings which made me believe that maybe I was given another opportunity. However, suddenly yesterday I received this email telling me that I have been withdrawn from the course and have been removed from the university and also that I cannot reapply again.
I once again reiterate that I take full responsibility for my failure but I wasn't told that the decision could be this harsh, I was mislead throughout with emails about starting year 2 and I have been informed about this decision at a time when it is very difficult to apply to another university again with places filling up quickly.

Please could I receive some additional advice. I have already been trying to contact my course officer and did speak to someone on the phone yesterday however the response was very vague.
If you have been withdrawn from the course, you will not be allowed to continue or reapply to the university. Different universities will have different policies on students who fail resits. In terms of the confusion about the emails talking to you about starting the term, I would suggest talking to your personal tutor or someone else from your department. You did mention you spoke to your course officer but you received a very vague response - what did they say?

Now would be a good time to focus on what your next steps will be. Are you looking to study again at a different university, and if so, does it affect your student finance?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• City, University of London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 5 Oct '19

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (203)
23.83%
Pop (211)
24.77%
Jazz (33)
3.87%