theresaschick
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi, does anyone have any experience with driving to uni and parking there (or close by)? I don't live far away and am thinking of driving as bus routes are more complicated but parking on campus is pretty expensive according to the website..
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
The charges for parking on campus are displayed here: https://warwick.ac.uk/services/carparks/p_and_d. You can either use pay and display or scratch cards (which work out slightly cheaper if you use your Eating at Warwick card). These options are both expensive. Also, for most of the pay and display car parks on campus you have to get there quite early to get a space (definitely before 10am, maybe earlier).

At Cannon Park you can get 3 hours free parking - these car parks have now have cameras so don't overstay this.

De Monfort Way next to Cannon Park has free parking all day by the roadside however you can't park there between 10-11 or 14-15.

Using this website: https://westwoodchurch.co.uk/car-park/, you can book spaces at Westwood Heath church at a cost; this is about a 10 minute walk away.

You can park roadside in the estate behind Canley cemetery for free. Hilary Road is about a 15 min walk from campus but you'll have to get there quite early if you want a space here (definitely before 10am, maybe earlier). Orlescote Road is about a 20 min walk from campus and always seems to have spaces. I wouldn't advise parking on many of the other roads around this area because the residents seem to become angry.
theresaschick
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Thanks for your reply! This has been very helpful!
AmusingPengiun
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
All day parking, on a daily basis will be £5.50 as of October. It costs £4 to use a Coventry NX bus all day. I'm not sure what you mean by complicated, the routes have just been updated with more regular services brought in.

The university is capped by the local council as to how many parking spaces it is allowed, it has a responsibility to discourage parking on site.

Parking in local estates is becoming a real issue and I would not be suprised if permit parking zones were brough tin.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (95)
24.42%
No (294)
75.58%

Watched Threads