AQA A-Level History: revision advice? Watch

logical_nonsense
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Tsarist and Communist Russia [1855-1964] & Britian [1951-2007] - if you're interested.
I'm in Year 12
l.wil01
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by logical_nonsense)
Tsarist and Communist Russia [1855-1964] & Britian [1951-2007] - if you're interested.
I'm in Year 12
Hi! I did the Modern Britain (1951-2007) course and USA for a level. The Britain course is pretty good imo I really enjoyed it.

Personally my biggest piece of advice would be to write up notes to revise from as soon as you've finished a modules. E.g. once you've finished Conservative Dominance 1951-64 write up the political, social, economic and foreign policy notes/ key events, changes, legislation, etc. I didn't start writing up these properly until Easter before my exams and it made the whole experience ten times more stressful.

I made essay plans to awkwardly worded questions, and did timed essays and exam practice. I also made massive mindmaps to revise from using different colours for different factors and all that jazz.

Other than that try and enjoy the course? It's quite interesting and the later years are very reflective of whats going on now in Britain lol

Hope this helps, (sorry its not the best I can hardly remember revising now) and if you need any help let me know. Good luck!
logical_nonsense
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by l.wil01)
Hi! I did the Modern Britain (1951-2007) course and USA for a level. The Britain course is pretty good imo I really enjoyed it.

Personally my biggest piece of advice would be to write up notes to revise from as soon as you've finished a modules. E.g. once you've finished Conservative Dominance 1951-64 write up the political, social, economic and foreign policy notes/ key events, changes, legislation, etc. I didn't start writing up these properly until Easter before my exams and it made the whole experience ten times more stressful.

I made essay plans to awkwardly worded questions, and did timed essays and exam practice. I also made massive mindmaps to revise from using different colours for different factors and all that jazz.

Other than that try and enjoy the course? It's quite interesting and the later years are very reflective of whats going on now in Britain lol

Hope this helps, (sorry its not the best I can hardly remember revising now) and if you need any help let me know. Good luck!
If you don't mind me asking: what grade did you attain in A-Level History?
Thank you - I've already starting typing and consolidating my notes. I don't want a repeat of what I did throughout my GCSEs!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Nottingham
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (138)
61.06%
No I haven't decided yet (50)
22.12%
Yes but I might change my mind (38)
16.81%

Watched Threads