FirmlyGraspIt
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I'm going into my final year of uni and am going to have job interviews soon (for graduate roles) to start next year. It is very likely that they'll ask me for an example of teamwork. However in my three years at uni I have basically no examples of teamwork. I have like one from sixth form (team maths challenge). I have a few examples of working with one other person but that doesn't exactly count. If I can't give any good examples I'll surely get rejected. What do I do?
FirmlyGraspIt
Rep:
?
Also I don't think I have many examples of creativity (apart from strictly academic like coming up with a solution to one of my assignment problems) D:
cam777
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
What were you studying? Who were you living with? You can basically make any situation with other people a demonstration of teamwork - a cleaning rota, sports, playing music and so on. All you need to do is demonstrate that you can work with other people so think of any interactions and make a good story out of it.
FirmlyGraspIt
Rep:
?
(Original post by cam777)
What were you studying? Who were you living with? You can basically make any situation with other people a demonstration of teamwork - a cleaning rota, sports, playing music and so on. All you need to do is demonstrate that you can work with other people so think of any interactions and make a good story out of it.
Ok thanks! I'm just a little worried that people who have done big team projects will be instantly favoured of me.
Sammylou40
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by FirmlyGraspIt)
Ok thanks! I'm just a little worried that people who have done big team projects will be instantly favoured of me.
It’s time to get creative!
More and more nowadays employers are using this system in their interviews.
I can’t give you specific details obviously but my son now works for an employer who wanted multiple examples at application and again at interviews
Realistically, you’re looking at graduates who have limited experiences. You’re 21 for heavens sake!
I rang my friend who is fairly high up in the same organisation for advice. He suggested doing what everyone else did. Make it up.
It needs to be something that can’t be checked. In my sons case most involved confidentiality so it wasn’t too bad.
Look for some examples online and see if you can fit something similar to a situation you’ve been in. Once you read some you’ll be very surprised at how much you have done
Good luck
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (18)
7.73%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (130)
55.79%
No (85)
36.48%

Watched Threads