Don't feel mentally ready Watch

travelcollegeguy
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I have not had the best year. I did really well with my college course and i am due to start university this month but the thing is i don't feel mentally ready to start university this year. I haven't got much money, i have felt i should just get a job earn some money, travel a bit and then start university when i am in a clearer happier state of mind and when i have more confidence in my self
CCauston113
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You could postpone a year, or you could just try going and see what it's like. Have you got student finance lined up? Also, you should be able to get a part time job alongside a degree.
If you're nervous, they'll be plenty of other people in the same boat and people that can help with any questions etc.
travelcollegeguy
Rep:
?
I am going to have a think about it during today and make a decision by tommorw
cheesecakelove
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by travelcollegeguy)
I have not had the best year. I did really well with my college course and i am due to start university this month but the thing is i don't feel mentally ready to start university this year. I haven't got much money, i have felt i should just get a job earn some money, travel a bit and then start university when i am in a clearer happier state of mind and when i have more confidence in my self
In terms of finance - do you have student finance to help you, or can you family contribute to support you living costs? You may want to consider getting a part time role to bring in extra income.

If you genuinely don't feel ready to start university, deferring entry or taking a gap year could be a better course of action if you feel it will benefit you. Have you talked with your family about what to do?
travelcollegeguy
Rep:
?
Student finance helped me out. And I haven't spoken to my family about it yet. going to think about it during the day and decide what to do then
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (14)
6.8%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (116)
56.31%
No (76)
36.89%

Watched Threads