GCSE Maths Grade 9 students. Watch

Ja78975
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
Hi guys, is there anyone on here that got a grade 8/ 9 at GCSE Maths this year? I wanted to know because I'm applying to retake the higher tier this December to retake in June 2020, I just wanted to know will I have enough time to cover the whole specification from now until June and is it possible to get an 8/9 going from a grade 4 which is what I got. I am taking OCR Maths and I need a high 6/7 because that's the grade required from University.
Last edited by Ja78975; 6 days ago

bleh_bleh
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I got a grade 9 in maths (but with Edexcel). The key thing is doing practice papers and questions. If you already know some of the spec, you should be able to learn the rest in one year. As long as you practice a lot you should be able to get 7 or above
Ja78975
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
(Original post by bleh_bleh)
I got a grade 9 in maths (but with Edexcel). The key thing is doing practice papers and questions. If you already know some of the spec, you should be able to learn the rest in one year. As long as you practice a lot you should be able to get 7 or above
Thanks for the advice, it seems like past papers are the best way to go, did you know the exam boards have put up student examplers for GCSE Maths? you can click foundation or higher and see all 3 real papers taken by students, it also shows the marks they achieved and students who got full, half or no marks.
Last edited by Ja78975; 6 days ago
bleh_bleh
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Ja78975)
Thanks for the advice, it seems like past papers are the best way to go, did you know the exam boards have put up student examplers for GCSE Maths? you can click foundation or higher and see all 3 real papers taken by students, it also shows the marks they achieved and students who got full, half or no marks.
I didn’t know that. That’s so cool and helpful
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

University open days

• Regent's University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Sep '19
  • Durham University