The Student Room Group

I dropped out of college two years ago to pursue gaming as a career. AMA

Three months after starting sixth form, I decided that it isn’t something I want to do. I starting streaming on my old laptop and eventually got enough tips to buy a full gaming PC.

Skip to two years later, I’m currently making $2000 a month through sponsorships, donations and subs. I’m going on an all expense paid trip to LA next week as a i’ve been invited to attend a gaming convention. If I can do it, anyone can.

Ask me anything!
What game(s) do you play?
Are you a girl?
Why is this thread not in Gaming? #EntertainmentExists :moon:
Original post by Anonymous
Three months after starting sixth form, I decided that it isn’t something I want to do. I starting streaming on my old laptop and eventually got enough tips to buy a full gaming PC.

Skip to two years later, I’m currently making $2000 a month through sponsorships, donations and subs. I’m going on an all expense paid trip to LA next week as a i’ve been invited to attend a gaming convention. If I can do it, anyone can.

Ask me anything!

Do you have a long term sustainable business plan?

How much do you predict your income scaling the next 12 months (and next 5 years, and how?)

$2K dollars is plenty, until you have a mortgage, kids, and many other expenses adulting-life provides. Also as your friends get more money and you get introduced to new things your lifestyle costs will suddenly increase dramatically as well.
Do you wear glasses?

I use the computer a lot and I want to avoid getting glasses/bad eyesight so was wondering if you had any tips on how to do that?

I usually look around for a bit after using the computer for a few minutes but I don't know if that's enough
Reply 6
Do u at least plan on getting some formal education when this all ends?

Also $2000 is not enough when converted to pound sterling for a family and mortgage.

Good luck tho
Reply 7
Original post by ethan4233
What game(s) do you play?

if definitely changes with the current trends. right now, there’s a huge audience for world of warcraft. i also play a lot of osu on the side. there’s the obvious big games like overwatch too
Reply 8
Original post by Prussianxo
Are you a girl?

i’m a boy
Original post by Prussianxo
Are you a girl?

i’m a boy
Reply 9
Original post by mnot
Do you have a long term sustainable business plan?

How much do you predict your income scaling the next 12 months (and next 5 years, and how?)

$2K dollars is plenty, until you have a mortgage, kids, and many other expenses adulting-life provides. Also as your friends get more money and you get introduced to new things your lifestyle costs will suddenly increase dramatically as well.

as the way my audience is growing, and the general demands for gaming/streamers, i project that it will get higher over the next few years. i can’t give too much information away but its only very recently that i’ve been reviving sponsorships and my income is increasing drastically. i’m saving as much as i can, and my girlfriend is also very good with money. she’s currently at university studying economics and she’s trading her own money, plus some of mine on the stock exchange. it’s only been a little while since she’s been helping me out but she’s made lots herself! she’s actually saved enough to pay for her remaining tuition free upfront instead of relying on student finance. i think together, in terms of mortgages, marriage, kids etc, we will be pretty stable. we’re looking at renting a place together in the next couple of months!! it’s all up hill from here folks
Original post by Unnamed User
Do you wear glasses?

I use the computer a lot and I want to avoid getting glasses/bad eyesight so was wondering if you had any tips on how to do that?

I usually look around for a bit after using the computer for a few minutes but I don't know if that's enough

i’ve always worn glasses lmao. i now have those fancy ones that protect your eyes from the white light which has been very helpful for me and stopped me having headaches, migraines etc
as the way my audience is growing, and the general demands for gaming/streamers, i project that it will get higher over the next few years. i can’t give too much information away but its only very recently that i’ve been reviving sponsorships and my income is increasing drastically. i’m saving as much as i can, and my girlfriend is also very good with money. she’s currently at university studying economics and she’s trading her own money, plus some of mine on the stock exchange. it’s only been a little while since she’s been helping me out but she’s made lots herself! she’s actually saved enough to pay for her remaining tuition free upfront instead of relying on student finance. i think together, in terms of mortgages, marriage, kids etc, we will be pretty stable. we’re looking at renting a place together in the next couple of months!! it’s all up hill from here folks

Do you have a plan b?
i’ve always worn glasses lmao. i now have those fancy ones that protect your eyes from the white light which has been very helpful for me and stopped me having headaches, migraines etc

Ahh I see.

I'm looking more for a cheaper approach :redface:

Thanks though :smile:
if definitely changes with the current trends. right now, there’s a huge audience for world of warcraft. i also play a lot of osu on the side. there’s the obvious big games like overwatch too

hey i play overwatch aswell , who do you main mostly and what rank are you for season 18
Reply 14
it’s all up hill from here folks

Careful.

Blue light you mean....

And really, gaming sounds nice now, but it is all a trend. It is not something you can really rely on.

Good luck anyway!!! :smile:
Original post by Ray_Shadows
hey i play overwatch aswell , who do you main mostly and what rank are you for season 18

haven’t played much this month, mainly been on WoW. i usually main as Hanzo though

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending