European Medical School Transfers (From Czech to Hungary) Watch

jjfad2711
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
Hey guys,
I am a first year student at Masaryk University and due to some personal and financial reasons I would like to transfer to a university in Hungary in the second year, preferably Semmelweis or Pécs. I was wondering if this is possible and whether it has been done in the past that a student from a Czech university had successfully transferred to a uni in Hungary and what the procedure might be like.
Thank you.
Username_deleted
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by jjfad2711)
Hey guys,
I am a first year student at Masaryk University and due to some personal and financial reasons I would like to transfer to a university in Hungary in the second year, preferably Semmelweis or Pécs. I was wondering if this is possible and whether it has been done in the past that a student from a Czech university had successfully transferred to a uni in Hungary and what the procedure might be like.
Thank you.
I have no idea what it's like to transfer from a Czech uni to a Hungarian one as I'm still at Masaryk.
Usually as standard procedure you inform both your current and prospective universities. First e-mail head of admissions and the Dean of the Hungarian Universities. Compare the first Year modules between the two universities. If they are very different they'll want you to do first year again at their uni. They may require you to still take their entrance exam. But if your grades from Masaryk were good they may let you start first year without taking the entrance exam.

If the modules are very similar, screenshot your module and corresponding grades from IS and attach them to the email to the Dean and admissions officer. If they decide to facilitate your transfer. You'd then have to email Masaryk or go to the Student office and ask for verified copies of your grades and credits attained that year. Probably Masaryk will have to send them. It's probably a good idea to freeze your studies if your'e not planning on continuing 2nd year the term starts this Monday. If you haven't already but from what I hear you may have to pay a small fee. You likely have to be prepared to take a year out.

Regardless I think it would be a good idea to speak to the International Student Office at Masaryk. They're not the friendliest but they'd have the best idea on which international universities are easiest to transfer too.
If you don't get a good answer from them you can email the Dean of Masaryk and explain your situation. He may have personal connections and help you out too.

Hope this helps.
Last edited by Username_deleted; 3 days ago
ltsmith
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
medical school transfers are complicated as medicine is practiced slightly differently in each country.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Regent's University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Sep '19
  • Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19

What's your favourite genre?