can I put this on my CV/linked in? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
hi guys! i've just received my results for my first year of university (i had to resit a sizeable amount of credits as a first-sit attempt after extenuating circumstances) and i had a question.

i compared my marks I received for two modules against the marks everyone else who sat the module achieved, published in January and June.

Comparing my marks to those on my cohort, I received the joint-highest mark of the cohort for one module and the second-highest mark of the cohort for the second module - i sat different papers to the one in January and June but I was wondering if, given that the difficult of the papers were the same and I am still classed as being in the cohort due to the first-sit attempt, if I could write on my CV that I attained the joint-highest mark and second highest mark of the cohort for the module in 2018/2019.

Thank you
cheesecakelove
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
hi guys! i've just received my results for my first year of university (i had to resit a sizeable amount of credits as a first-sit attempt after extenuating circumstances) and i had a question.

i compared my marks I received for two modules against the marks everyone else who sat the module achieved, published in January and June.

Comparing my marks to those on my cohort, I received the joint-highest mark of the cohort for one module and the second-highest mark of the cohort for the second module - i sat different papers to the one in January and June but I was wondering if, given that the difficult of the papers were the same and I am still classed as being in the cohort due to the first-sit attempt, if I could write on my CV that I attained the joint-highest mark and second highest mark of the cohort for the module in 2018/2019.

Thank you
I don't think that it is something to mention on your CV if there are other relevant and more outstanding things to mention. Whilst you have done well, I am not sure how this specific detail will be attractive to prospective employers, unless the modules are relevant to the role.
doodle_333
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
I don't think this would be relevant. State you got a 1st or whatever for the year maybe for placement years. But other than that nah... the only thing that matters is who comes top of the class overall. Past that focus on work related achievements.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (188)
23.98%
Pop (191)
24.36%
Jazz (30)
3.83%
Classical (46)
5.87%
Hip-Hop (148)
18.88%