The Student Room Group

Commuting for Freshers

Hey! With uni starting soon I wondered if anyone else was planning on doing this, I’m going to be commuting to uni as I don’t live that far away and it saves massively on cost and is more convenient for me!

Just wanted to know if anyone was planning on doing the same thing and what you will be planning on doing during freshers, same to people that have experienced this in the past, what did you do?

Grateful for any replies! :smile:
I’m commuting too. I don’t drink or club much so I’m only going to the welcome day and freshers fair events. I’m gonna look to join some societies though so I can make some friends
I will be commuting, as my uni is in the same city as my sixth form was. I will go to events if I want to; my uni also has a commuters coffee morning I might drop into on the way to lecture on the first day if the course.
Original post by OR321
I’m commuting too. I don’t drink or club much so I’m only going to the welcome day and freshers fair events. I’m gonna look to join some societies though so I can make some friends

I’m exactly the same haha, I don’t drink or club so just going to make the most of what’s on my timetable, I’ve also signed up to the Gym next to the Uni so hopefully I’ll be able to use it between lectures / seminars!

Original post by CCauston113
I will be commuting, as my uni is in the same city as my sixth form was. I will go to events if I want to; my uni also has a commuters coffee morning I might drop into on the way to lecture on the first day if the course.

That sounds quite convenient! Nice the uni have set something up like that will make people doing the same feel more comfortable...! As I said above I’ve joined the gym and will try to make the most of the freshers events I like the sound of, however I’m not hugely sociable and don’t drink or club, but I made it through college and loved it so hoping uni will turn out the same :smile:
I think I might join the board games society and maybe the table tennis club, but I'll find out more at the Freshers fair
Im doing the same and I dont drink either 😬 My main worry is Im not really interested in many of the societies and I know thats a big way to make friends. What uni are you going to btw?
I'm going to Anglia Ruskin university
I’m off to Uni of York
I'm going to Anglia Ruskin university

Same lmao, how are u finding freshers so far?
Original post by jungshook
Same lmao, how are u finding freshers so far?

I haven't been to any of the events, but the induction was pretty good and I'm going to Freshers fair tomorrow. What course are you doing?
I haven't been to any of the events, but the induction was pretty good and I'm going to Freshers fair tomorrow. What course are you doing?

Ah, I'm guessing ur at Cambridge XD I'm doing medical sciences, wbu?
Original post by jungshook
Ah, I'm guessing ur at Cambridge XD I'm doing medical sciences, wbu?

Yeah, I'm doing computer science at Cambridge

Quick Reply

Latest