PLEASE someone reassure me re: hospital referral Lung problems

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
So basically a month ago my lung collapsed (spontaneous pneumothorax) and the hospital messed it up causing a hemothorax. Since the operation I have recovered well and feel better, I've even just started a new uni and resumed almost full health. I have just had a phone call saying that some tests for the tissue on my lung have shown that there might be a condition that has caused my lung to collapse, and have been referred to hospital for two weeks time.

I'm basically freaking out incase I have a serious condition. They haven't given me much info. They have said there is only a small chance but I can't stop worrying. Can anyone give me some advice or if you've been in a similar position let me know? I don't even know what kind of condition i could have. Asthma? Cystic fybrosis? please someone help. Im 21 if that helps.
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So basically a month ago my lung collapsed (spontaneous pneumothorax) and the hospital messed it up causing a hemothorax. Since the operation I have recovered well and feel better, I've even just started a new uni and resumed almost full health. I have just had a phone call saying that some tests for the tissue on my lung have shown that there might be a condition that has caused my lung to collapse, and have been referred to hospital for two weeks time.

I'm basically freaking out incase I have a serious condition. They haven't given me much info. They have said there is only a small chance but I can't stop worrying. Can anyone give me some advice or if you've been in a similar position let me know? I don't even know what kind of condition i could have. Asthma? Cystic fybrosis? please someone help. Im 21 if that helps.
Firstly, I'm so sorry you've experienced this. It must have been terrifying! Secondly, please try not to worry. If you do have a serious condition, then you would be seen quicker than 2 weeks. Is there a phone number you can phone to speak to someone, perhaps your doctor or whoever is looking after you? You will be able to find someone to provide you with information. Try to keep yourself busy in the meantime.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (69)
33.01%
Yes - a trusted person (58)
27.75%
No (55)
26.32%
I'm not sure (27)
12.92%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed