giadajohanna
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
Hi, I'm from Italy and I'd like to do a postgraduate in Publishing in Great Britain. Which university do you think is the best for Publishing?
yibby03
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
ciao!!Norwich University of the Arts ranks pretty high? maybe consider that?
threeportdrift
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by giadajohanna)
Hi, I'm from Italy and I'd like to do a postgraduate in Publishing in Great Britain. Which university do you think is the best for Publishing?
Oxford Brookes has a good reputation. Otherwise, google publishing degrees UK to find the Unis that provide, filter out those that only offer it at undergrad, and then rank according to the conventional rankings as presumably you want some international reputation to attach.
giadajohanna
Rep:
?
(Original post by threeportdrift)
Oxford Brookes has a good reputation. Otherwise, google publishing degrees UK to find the Unis that provide, filter out those that only offer it at undergrad, and then rank according to the conventional rankings as presumably you want some international reputation to attach.
I was thinking about University of Stirling, but I don't really know how it is, I like the Mlitt in Publishing but I don't know how's quality
threeportdrift
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by giadajohanna)
I was thinking about University of Stirling, but I don't really know how it is, I like the Mlitt in Publishing but I don't know how's quality
Publishing is very niche and it's going to be hard to compare courses. It's mostly the weaker universities that offer it, but you need to be careful, because that doesn't always mean it's a weak course, they may have very strong professional partnerships.

Sterling is a decent university, probably all-round one of the stronger ones. But you are going to have to do some comparing and contrasting based on what is important to you. Try and find the DLHE data and see where graduates have gone on to work. Search LinkedIn and see where people with the qualification are working. Look at Publishers you'd like to work for and see if they have alumnae - that usually creates a positive impression. Consider who has links with the industry.
giadajohanna
Rep:
?
(Original post by threeportdrift)
Publishing is very niche and it's going to be hard to compare courses. It's mostly the weaker universities that offer it, but you need to be careful, because that doesn't always mean it's a weak course, they may have very strong professional partnerships.

Sterling is a decent university, probably all-round one of the stronger ones. But you are going to have to do some comparing and contrasting based on what is important to you. Try and find the DLHE data and see where graduates have gone on to work. Search LinkedIn and see where people with the qualification are working. Look at Publishers you'd like to work for and see if they have alumnae - that usually creates a positive impression. Consider who has links with the industry.
Thank you very much, I'll do it.
Actually I think I'll go back to Italy when I finish my postgraduate, because I would like to live and work here.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

University open days

• Regent's University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Sep '19
  • Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate