Rob65
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi - I'm completing the form for supporting my son's income and confused about the real net figure. I don't make formal contributions to a pension scheme but pay a fixed amount into a savings plan; can I deduct this amount from my declared income?

Thanks in advance.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Rob65)
Hi - I'm completing the form for supporting my son's income and confused about the real net figure. I don't make formal contributions to a pension scheme but pay a fixed amount into a savings plan; can I deduct this amount from my declared income?

Thanks in advance.
Savings are not pensions. Only pension payments are deductible.
SFE Chanel
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Rob65)

Thanks in advance.
Hi,

We require the GROSS figure not net. Anything you pay into savings account is your own choice therefore those payments would not be deducted from the total household income.

Thanks, Chanel
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bradford
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate Open day Postgraduate
    Thu, 24 Oct '19
  • Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (65)
23.3%
No (214)
76.7%

Watched Threads