amymallows
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
Bit of a unique situation...Background: I applied for education at Cambridge for 2019 entry, and received an offer. Annoyingly, I did not quite make my grades. Having contacted the uni, they have advised me to reapply for 2020 entry, providing that I retake my English exam and move my grade from an A to an A* (ahhhh). In this case, do I need to completely redo my personal statement????I'm obviously planning on adding info on what I'm planning to do in this gap year I'm now on, but I'm not sure whether I need to change alllllll of it. The majority is about my extra-curricular reading, which I haven't had much of a chance to add to since my last application due to my exam focus.Help!
scrippsy
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by amymallows)
Bit of a unique situation...Background: I applied for education at Cambridge for 2019 entry, and received an offer. Annoyingly, I did not quite make my grades. Having contacted the uni, they have advised me to reapply for 2020 entry, providing that I retake my English exam and move my grade from an A to an A* (ahhhh). In this case, do I need to completely redo my personal statement????I'm obviously planning on adding info on what I'm planning to do in this gap year I'm now on, but I'm not sure whether I need to change alllllll of it. The majority is about my extra-curricular reading, which I haven't had much of a chance to add to since my last application due to my exam focus.Help!
Hey I'm in a bit of a similar situation. I also missed my Cambridge offer (for Law) and am now reapplying, albeit to Oxford so I don't have to resit.

80% of my personal statement is the same but I added some parts about my gap year and also changed some current affairs stuff. Definitely don't need to change all of it.

Worth checking whether your sixth form helps with uni applications for post-results students because I didn't realise mine did until recently
harrysbar
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
No you don't need to completely redo your PS, you can just add some extra info as you suggested. They obviously liked your PS last time and it will not be plagiarism as it was written by you.
Boss_Rhythm
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
awk
amymallows
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
Good luck with your application
At least admissions at Oxford won’t have read your personal statement before, so you’re in a better position than me!
(Original post by scrippsy)
Hey I'm in a bit of a similar situation. I also missed my Cambridge offer (for Law) and am now reapplying, albeit to Oxford so I don't have to resit.

80% of my personal statement is the same but I added some parts about my gap year and also changed some current affairs stuff. Definitely don't need to change all of it.

Worth checking whether your sixth form helps with uni applications for post-results students because I didn't realise mine did until recently
scrippsy
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Good luck with your application
At least admissions at Oxford won’t have read your personal statement before, so you’re in a better position than me!
thank you! fingers crossed we can both get in second time round 😂
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • University of Oxford
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19

What's your favourite genre?