hopefully the greatest comeback - y13 GYG 2019-20

Watch
teilchen
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey, I'm Em and I'm doing this, this year hopefully to improve my grades and share the struggle

my gsces

Spoiler:
Show
english lang 9
english lit 9
geography 9
german 9
chem a*
bio a*
physics a*
latin 8
history 8
maths 7

the current situation

At the end of my AS I got an A in German a B in english and D in physics - I resat physics last week and got to a B and so my predicted grades were fine (A* english A german B physics) but I hope to still improve (and actually get an A* in english i think my teacher was having a good day when I got that prediction)

So hopefully by recording what I do, I might actually do what I need to.
I had good GCSEs so I want alevels to end the same and hopefully get A*AA

If you wanna be tagged I will add you, i loved reading these last year so maybe someone will like reading mine

Tags:
QueenAelin
Last edited by teilchen; 1 year ago
ClimbingUp02
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi! I have just started Year 12 and I'm taking Business, Computer Science and Law for A-Level

It's nice to hear, that you improved your physics so much! Congratulations! Looking forward to reading your blog as the year goes on, I know you can get those As and the A* you want
teilchen
Rep:
?
(Original post by RMR2002)
Hi! I have just started Year 12 and I'm taking Business, Computer Science and Law for A-Level

It's nice to hear, that you improved your physics so much! Congratulations! Looking forward to reading your blog as the year goes on, I know you can get those As and the A* you want
Aha thanks - Good Luck with year 12 I hope you do great too!!
teilchen
Rep:
?
Update - Monday 16th Septemeber

I started working on some translation sheets for German, the translation into English I completed fine but the translation into German I was struggling with slightly so decided to come back to it when I had more time.

I had to find three articles for each of the two books I am studying for my English coursework so after printing off some that looked interesting I began to annotate and highlight the first two. This took me longer than expected which is why I only got two done but I think it was a good start. I also need to finish annotating the book Frankenstein but I am struggling to motivate myself for that
Name:  IMG_2520.JPG
Views: 60
Size:  215.0 KB
I finished with making one page of physics notes on gravitational fields - I think I will have a test on this topic within the next to weeks so I'm trying to get a headstart:rolleyes:
hope2002
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Well done on getting your Physics grade up! Must've taken a lot of hard work. I'm gonna be watching this GYG x
teilchen
Rep:
?
(Original post by hope2002)
Well done on getting your Physics grade up! Must've taken a lot of hard work. I'm gonna be watching this GYG x
aha thanks, hopefully, this year I can get it to keep going up
QueenAelin
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey, I'd love to be added to your tag list! Also, congrats on going from a D to a B in physics, that's an impressive jump

Now, I'm just going to go look up those articles on Frankenstein, because they look really interesting and I'm really bored :laugh:
teilchen
Rep:
?
Update - Sunday 13th October

I have a German test on Tuesday which is my 18th Birthday so not the greatest so this week I have just been going over vocab mostly (around 500 different words) because I think my grammar for this year's topics so far is okay. I also have started to plan out my coursework and will finish the plan for that over the next week. I have got back more into the swing of studying so hopefully, I will start to post more regularly.
Last edited by teilchen; 1 year ago
gw07mcgheerachel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Best of luck
QueenAelin
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I hope your German test goes well!
hope2002
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by emilybond:))
Update - Sunday 13th October

I have a German test on Tuesday which is my 18th Birthday so not the greatest so this week I have just been going over vocab mostly (around 500 different words) because I think my grammar for this year's topics so far is okay. I also have started to plan out my coursework and will finish the plan for that over the next week. I have got back more into the swing of studying so hopefully, I will start to post more regularly.
Good luck with your german test
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you want most from university virtual open days and online events?

I want to be able to watch in my own time rather than turn up live (190)
29.41%
I want to hear more about the specifics of the course (106)
16.41%
I want to be able to dip in and dip out of lots of different sessions (58)
8.98%
I want to meet current students (54)
8.36%
I want to meet academics and the people that will be teaching me (51)
7.89%
I want to have a taster lecture or workshop to see what the teaching is like (128)
19.81%
My parents/guardians are more interested than me to be honest (38)
5.88%
Other things – I'll tell you in the thread (21)
3.25%

Watched Threads