struggling with english literature A level Watch

lilTrain
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
i had to switch to eng since my school just got rid of physics and theres nothing else to pick. but im really bad at this subject, was my worst at gcse too (got a 6) and im so slow at writing and especially reading. sure i like analysing stuff but the rest is so boring. its all about vampires and feminism and poetry which i dont find anywhere near as interesting as phys. i just rlly dont know how to force myself to enjoy it but i have to and really doubt i can improve my essay writing in 2 yrs.
sorry its more like a rant than a question, im just dissapointed i guess lol, just want tips on putting up with it
Elorajaneamos
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Are there no other options available to you? How many A-levels are you taking, can you drop it after AS? If you have to stick with it, you will improve your essay writing within 2 years-from someone who's been there. I took A-level English on a whim and here I am, a 2:1 English graduate later applying for my masters in English Literature.
cheerIeader
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Elorajaneamos)
Are there no other options available to you? How many A-levels are you taking, can you drop it after AS? If you have to stick with it, you will improve your essay writing within 2 years-from someone who's been there. I took A-level English on a whim and here I am, a 2:1 English graduate later applying for my masters in English Literature.
I received my A-Level grades and got ABD with a D in Literature. I'm now retaking and need some help with English (I was predicted an A*/A)

I got 18/75 paper 1, 42/75 paper 2 and 42/50 in the coursework so it was really the closed book exam & poetry which I struggled with. Any advice? I'm fine with writing it's more revision tips which would be good.
lilTrain
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Elorajaneamos)
im taking maths and history and epq alongside it, other options to choose from were chem or economics or compsci but i hate them. AS isnt an option either.
mind me asking what was it that convinced you to continue with it?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • University of Oxford
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19

What's your favourite genre?