What is your weirdest street scam story Watch

G-Taor
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Was thinking back to a weird one where a lady approached me and asked not for money but for baby formula. Was then made to go into Superdrug with her only to find that they didn't have the formula she wanted (lucky because they were around £20). In the end I gave her £4 just so she'd leave me alone. Was surprised to find out that this is a regular scam in America and Cambodia and that once you buy them the milk, they make sure to keep the receipt and return the milk to the shop for the money. Considering this doesn't seem to be common in the Uk, has anyone else have any similar experiences?
Bang Outta Order
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by G-Taor)
Was thinking back to a weird one where a lady approached me and asked not for money but for baby formula. Was then made to go into Superdrug with her only to find that they didn't have the formula she wanted (lucky because they were around £20). In the end I gave her £4 just so she'd leave me alone. Was surprised to find out that this is a regular scam in America and Cambodia and that once you buy them the milk, they make sure to keep the receipt and return the milk to the shop for the money. Considering this doesn't seem to be common in the Uk, has anyone else have any similar experiences?
i have had customers like that. but we're made to refund them anyway!!! i was customer service rep, i dealt with returns that regular salespeople didnt understand or couldnt process all the time. one customer raged about me to like every manager possible because i asked for proof of purchase, she was returning a bunch of stuff without receipts...others return stuff with receipts but the products are destroyed..unfortunately with the receipt u can return them no ifs ands or buts so u didnt get scammed, but the cashier did lol. if i ran a business id have em use ID or take their name down and print it on the receipt...next time just hand em what u bought, not the receipt too! the receipt's for YOU. since u bought it :facepalm:
Bang Outta Order
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
anyways i never been scammed cos i dont buy **** for strangers and i dont buy **** off strangers. but i have sold **** that was a scam sure. i sold stolen stuff or fake stuff or broken stuff, and at a higher price than i bought it.

:flute:

what?! dont look at me like that!! that was a long time ago k? lol
G-Taor
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Bang Outta Order)
i have had customers like that. but we're made to refund them anyway!!! i was customer service rep, i dealt with returns that regular salespeople didnt understand or couldnt process all the time. one customer raged about me to like every manager possible because i asked for proof of purchase, she was returning a bunch of stuff without receipts...others return stuff with receipts but the products are destroyed..unfortunately with the receipt u can return them no ifs ands or buts so u didnt get scammed, but the cashier did lol. if i ran a business id have em use ID or take their name down and print it on the receipt...next time just hand em what u bought, not the receipt too! the receipt's for YOU. since u bought it :facepalm:
At the time this happen I didn't know of the scam. I never actually bought her the formula because the one she wanted wasn't there thankfully. But had it been there and based off the prices of the other ones I'd have refused and walked off. Was living in a city for the first time back then. Ive def learn't my lesson for second year.
Last edited by G-Taor; 1 week ago
Bang Outta Order
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by G-Taor)
At the time this happen I didn't know of the scam. I never actually bought her the formula because the one she wanted wasn't there thankfully. But had it been there and based off the prices of the other ones I'd have refused and walked off. Was living in a city for the first time back then. Ive def learn't my lesson for second year.
yep. definitely knew ur new to a city. or the planet lol. who gives someone the receipt. i dont think it was a scam because most people arent given the receipt. i think she just realised how silly of a mistake it was. hopefully she bought nappies or sommat...
It's****ingWOODY
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
My uncles were dodgy AF and knew every trick in the book and used to tell me stories about how many people they've scammed. Wised me up and I've never been scammed cause I don't give strangers money.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (213)
23.64%
Pop (223)
24.75%
Jazz (33)
3.66%
Classical (52)
5.77%
Hip-Hop (171)
18.98%