Mother whose four-week-old baby died after she took him out on drinking binge freed Watch

looloo2134
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a9100216.html
Sannah 21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
😓😢😫😩😭😖
Bang Outta Order
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
what the ****!! this is ridiculous! how was she LET INTO THE PUB/CLUB WITH A BABBY???!

SHE should SUE the damn club!! or the clubowners should be prosecuted for child welfare! not her!

isnt that if something bad happened to someone at a party, the house owner or party host would be held liable????? same thing here! sounds absurd?! the club should be fined and shut down.
Obolinda
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Umm, not sure how to feel
Isaia
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Bang Outta Order)
what the ****!! this is ridiculous! how was she LET INTO THE PUB/CLUB WITH A BABBY???!

SHE should SUE the damn club!! or the clubowners should be prosecuted for child welfare! not her!

isnt that if something bad happened to someone at a party, the house owner or party host would be held liable????? same thing here! sounds absurd?! the club should be fined and shut down.
How could she sue them when she willingly brought the baby with her?...She is the mother, not the club owner. She should be imprisoned for neglect for 10 years minimum and add another charge of murder. Disgraceful
Last edited by Isaia; 1 week ago
Notoriety
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Isaia)
How could she sue them when she willingly bought the baby with her?...She is the mother, not the club owner. She should be imprisoned for neglect for 10 years minimum and add another charge of murder. Disgraceful
Ex turpi causa.
Bang Outta Order
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Isaia)
How could she sue them when she willingly bought the baby with her?...She is the mother, not the club owner. She should be imprisoned for neglect for 10 years minimum and add another charge of murder. Disgraceful
she or the police could easily blame the clubowners for it. obviously.

how can u not see how "disgraceful" the owners are??? who lets someone wheel or carry a baby in?? what part is missing in ur head??

this would have never happened if she was turned away from the club.
Isaia
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Notoriety)
Ex turpi causa.
I don't think you can use that argument here. She was already drunk and basically smothered the baby - he died after she rolled onto him in the caravan. You'd know if you read the article
Notoriety
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Isaia)
I don't think you can use that argument here. She was already drunk and basically smothered the baby - he died after she rolled onto him in the caravan. You'd know if you read the article
The IQ of the people on this site really does boggle the mind sometimes.

I was providing you with the legal maxim which supported your point, you numpty.
Isaia
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
She was already drunk, the baby died after she rolled onto him and basically smothered him to death. What's wrong with you?! Why do you think she should have sympathy or be able to sue the club for getting herself drunk and killing her child. She should be locked up for the rest of her life.
looloo2134
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago

how can u not see how "disgraceful" the owners are??? who lets someone wheel or carry a baby in?? what part is missing in ur head??

it a holiday camp with a clubhouse it for families not a night club of course there people with small children
ImAGiraffe
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago

She doesn’t deserve anything for thinking that was a good idea in the first place.
AdamCor
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago

I disagree. Regardless of if the owners let her in with the baby she would of either went someone else to get drunk/buy alcohol (which shifts the blame, so you'd still be right she could blame whoever served her etc), or she would of left the baby at home or with a parent/sibling (her sister was with her, so not her obviously).

I'd say it's 100% her fault, she chose to get drunk, which inadvertently ended up in her killing her own baby. Yes it's tragic, but unfortunately the blame is hers.
Isaia
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Notoriety)
The IQ of the people on this site really does boggle the mind sometimes.

I was providing you with the legal maxim which supported your point, you numpty.
Yes, I know what ex turpi causa means, but I thought you were suggesting it from the club's perspective if they sued her.
Bang Outta Order
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by looloo2134)
it a holiday camp with a clubhouse it for families not a night club of course there people with small children
your title said she "took him out" while "binge drinking" ...a holiday camp is not taking him "out"...so i skimmed through the article thinking i got the gist of it. i was under the impression she was at a pub or club. but i need to remember you're not very good with grammar. regardless, since she had a baby in her care, why did the owners or managers still let her drink so much? even pubowners monitor people's drinking and say "go home lenny".
Good bloke
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago

The person whose actions cause the harm is responsible. She was the one who decided to get drunk while in charge of a baby. Alcohol and childcare are mutually exclusive.

You cannot go through life trying to find someone else to blame for your own behaviour, it simply won't work.
Bang Outta Order
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by AdamCor)
I disagree. Regardless of if the owners let her in with the baby she would of either went someone else to get drunk/buy alcohol (which shifts the blame, so you'd still be right she could blame whoever served her etc), or she would of left the baby at home or with a parent/sibling (her sister was with her, so not her obviously).

I'd say it's 100% her fault, she chose to get drunk, which inadvertently ended up in her killing her own baby. Yes it's tragic, but unfortunately the blame is hers.
gone somewhere else and those people whoever they ended up being still letting her get pissed and toss a baby in the air would still be irresponsible and should get fined! what is wrong with you ppl....it's actually shocking...parents are drinking all the time, but u dont hear about em getting allowed to bring a baby along?!
Notoriety
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Isaia)
Yes, I know what ex turpi causa means, but I thought you were suggesting it from the club's perspective if they sued her.
Oh right. How daft of me to presume you didn't know what an obscure legal principle is.
Bang Outta Order
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
right well i could type it till im blue in the face. As a one off for anyone else who decides to keep quoting me:

REGARDLESS OF HER PARENTING SKILLS, ANY BUSINESS OWNER WHO ALLOWS SOMEONE TO GET DRUNK WITH A CHILD IN THEIR CARE IS IRRESPONSIBLE AND SHOULD ALSO BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE. Apparently I'm in side with the law...as she was let off
Isaia
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
your title said she "took him out" while "binge drinking" ...a holiday camp is not taking him "out"...so i skimmed through the article thinking i got the gist of it. i was under the impression she was at a pub or club. but i need to remember you're not very good with grammar. regardless, since she had a baby in her care, why did the owners or managers still let her drink so much? even pubowners monitor people's drinking and say "go home lenny".
What are you talking about? The baby is ultimately her responsibility, and so is how much she drinks.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (19)
7.34%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (148)
57.14%
No (92)
35.52%

Watched Threads