student finance no response on change Watch

BonBon2
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
How long does it take for student finance to respond?
Background i did a year for a degree finished the year and now starting a different degree new university
i changed my SF application after it was approved, for continuation at my previous uni into second year, into new uni first year. i think around 20th august and no resposnse yet it says 6 weeks but my first installment for accommodation is 30th sep.
So would i have to pay some other way my accommodation if they don't get back to me in time?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by BonBon2)
How long does it take for student finance to respond?
Background i did a year for a degree finished the year and now starting a different degree new university
i changed my SF application after it was approved, for continuation at my previous uni into second year, into new uni first year. i think around 20th august and no resposnse yet it says 6 weeks but my first installment for accommodation is 30th sep.
So would i have to pay some other way my accommodation if they don't get back to me in time?
Is this uni accommodation or private?

If Uni let them know and work something out. They are likely to be understanding.
If it is private hall then they are a lot stricter. You will still need to contact them and see if you can make a part payment, maybe use your overdraft.
Post on sfe forum and ask how long such a switch might be taking at the moment.
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=910
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • University of Oxford
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19

What's your favourite genre?