Getting around Canterbury, Stagecoach/Park&Ride? Watch

elegoo
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
I've seen Stagecoach on the uni website is that the preferred way to travel around Canterbury? What's Park & Ride?

Is there any place around the uni that I can get the weekly/monthly pass or is it only on bus?

Thanks in advance : )
StudentRep Annabel
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by elegoo)
I've seen Stagecoach on the uni website is that the preferred way to travel around Canterbury? What's Park & Ride?

Is there any place around the uni that I can get the weekly/monthly pass or is it only on bus?

Thanks in advance : )
Hi there!
The most popular method of transport around Canterbury for students is the Stagecoach busses You can travel for a day for around £3.30 or you can get a bus pass for the academic year. If you check out the page on the University website about Stagecoach bus transport, it'll give you an idea of what kind of prices bus passes go for. Here is the link. During arrivals weekend and welcome week there is often a bus on campus and a stand next to it where new students can go and get their bus passes for the year, sometimes they have offers on there too so if you're going to get a bus pass then I'd recommend going and taking a look
Park and ride is more for people who are travelling into Canterbury from the surrounding areas, and is basically just a bus service running between large car parks on the outskirts of Canterbury and the city centre. I wouldn't worry too much about that as a student though as it is unlikely you'll need to use it.
The main type of transport around Canterbury is by bus so if you're looking for a pass to get, the Stagecoach academic year bus pass is definitely the one to get!
I hope that this helps and that you enjoy your time at Kent
elegoo
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
(Original post by StudentRep Annabel)
Hi there!
The most popular method of transport around Canterbury for students is the Stagecoach busses You can travel for a day for around £3.30 or you can get a bus pass for the academic year. If you check out the page on the University website about Stagecoach bus transport, it'll give you an idea of what kind of prices bus passes go for. Here is the link. During arrivals weekend and welcome week there is often a bus on campus and a stand next to it where new students can go and get their bus passes for the year, sometimes they have offers on there too so if you're going to get a bus pass then I'd recommend going and taking a look
Park and ride is more for people who are travelling into Canterbury from the surrounding areas, and is basically just a bus service running between large car parks on the outskirts of Canterbury and the city centre. I wouldn't worry too much about that as a student though as it is unlikely you'll need to use it.
The main type of transport around Canterbury is by bus so if you're looking for a pass to get, the Stagecoach academic year bus pass is definitely the one to get!
I hope that this helps and that you enjoy your time at Kent
Thank you Annabel for the detailed response, this definitely helps.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Kent
    Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities Undergraduate
    Sat, 5 Oct '19
  • University of Kent
    Sat, 12 Oct '19
  • University of Kent
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

What's your favourite genre?