ImAGiraffe
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
I don’t know what I want to say. Just want to know if anyone else has the same problem of people judging you if you say you don’t want to go to university. I think it’s great if people want to, and I know it’s hard but I don’t doubt my ability to do it. It simply doesn’t seem like something for me, not to say I don’t want a job but I want to take another route. I want to hopefully start from the bottom and go up
Any opinions?
Deggs_14
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Of course. Everyone is different and there are many different paths to take. I do agree that most sixth forms/ colleges cater for the masses, and that is usually people that apply to university. As long as you have an idea of what other route you'll do, an apprenticeship, gap year or whatever, then go for it and be happy and confident.
Ecner
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
It's ok if you don't want. Even if you change your mind 20 year later, you can still go. But if you want to achieve success then you should still do some effort for it e.g. improve your communication or IT skills.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • University of Oxford
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19

What's your favourite genre?