Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Why do I have panic attacks for no reason? Like I'm seriously so chill about life nowadays and have almost 0 stress.
username4933904
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Why do I have panic attacks for no reason? Like I'm seriously so chill about life nowadays and have almost 0 stress.
What are your panic attacks like? How do you feel during them?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by HumblyBumbly)
What are your panic attacks like? How do you feel during them?
I start to hyperventilate and become extremely light headed. My heart beats so fast and it feels like that's all I can hear. I also start sweating and it literally feels like I could pass out at any moment.
username4933904
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I would recommend you visit your GP to be honest. Or self-refer for talking therapy. I would probably recommend both!

It sounds like anxiety-induced tachycardia.

Is there anything specific that triggers it?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by HumblyBumbly)
I would recommend you visit your GP to be honest. Or self-refer for talking therapy. I would probably recommend both!

It sounds like anxiety-induced tachycardia.

Is there anything specific that triggers it?
Nothing in particular. My attacks are pretty random and this is the first I've had in a while now. They just always seem to occur while I'm relaxing. It's like my body WANTS to feel panicked or distressed. I've visited the GP before and had therapy and once even went to A&E and they always seem to tell me the same thing. With my therapist, I went through a few coping mechanisms but I still find it difficult to calm myself down after the unnecessary panic.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (125)
28.22%
No - I have already returned home (58)
13.09%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (87)
19.64%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (41)
9.26%
No - I live at home during term anyway (132)
29.8%

Watched Threads