The Student Room Group

Border Force Officer August 2019

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Has anyone been selected for an interview in Belfast next week?
Reply 21
Original post by Ht9622

Yip....right smack in my first weeks training at new job..*******s!
Reply 22
Original post by Mjb.
Yip....right smack in my first weeks training at new job..*******s!

Oh no typical! I wasn’t expecting to hear any time soon, but my application was updated last night. Are you still going to go?
Reply 23
Original post by Ht9622
Oh no typical! I wasn’t expecting to hear any time soon, but my application was updated last night. Are you still going to go?

Yip..ive booked my slot...I'll think of something! Too good a career to miss out on
Reply 24
Original post by Mjb.
Yip..ive booked my slot...I'll think of something! Too good a career to miss out on

Did you have your interview yet? I have mine tomorrow!
Reply 25
Anyone had their interview today? Any tips?😫 how many people interviewed you? Was it just standard interview questions?
Reply 26
Has anyone heard from Heathrow that applied in August? Still waiting
Original post by Aimsj
Has anyone heard from Heathrow that applied in August? Still waiting

No am on the reserve list for Heathrow. Ive contacted them they just gave a generic response. Hopefully after the brexit announcement on Friday there will be some movement.
Reply 28
Original post by Keeya123
Did you have your interview yet? I have mine tomorrow!

Hi ya
Nope ..Friday is D Day for me.
Good luck..hope you do well.
Reply 29
Original post by slondon2019
No am on the reserve list for Heathrow. Ive contacted them they just gave a generic response. Hopefully after the brexit announcement on Friday there will be some movement.

Oh likewise!! I’m a couple of months from graduating from university, and could really do with some security for securing a place for when I am ready to start full time!
Reply 30
Anyone had their interview today? Any tips?😫 how many people interviewed you? Was it just standard interview questions?

Hi
How did you get on today?
Reply 31
Original post by Ht9622

Hi
Have you been to interview yet...?
Reply 32
Original post by Mjb.
Hi
How did you get on today?

Fingers crossed it all went well! They are recruiting through Capita so there’s nobody from the force actually present
Reply 33
Fingers crossed it all went well! They are recruiting through Capita so there’s nobody from the force actually present

Oh...i wasn't awate of that. I understood it was Home Office staff doing the interviewing.
Reply 34
Anyone that was interviewed in Belfast heard back yet?
Reply 35
Original post by Ht9622
Anyone that was interviewed in Belfast heard back yet?

Hi
I asked at interview and they said 6 to 8 weeks before we would get notification of being successful or not.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 36
Hi ,I am on the reserve list, and on the portal its has changed yet again form "project August" to just "Border Force Officer - External - Transit (1643315)" does anyone know if there is a reason for this?
Reply 37
Original post by Stu76
Hi ,I am on the reserve list, and on the portal its has changed yet again form "project August" to just "Border Force Officer - External - Transit (1643315)" does anyone know if there is a reason for this?

How do you know you’re on the reserve list? I haven’t notice the name of mine changing but it’s the latter of the two, still says I’m booked in for my interview slot which closes 26.02.20 so hopefully will hear something then
Reply 38
How do you know you’re on the reserve list? I haven’t notice the name of mine changing but it’s the latter of the two, still says I’m booked in for my interview slot which closes 26.02.20 so hopefully will hear something then

I got put the email I had met the standard, but put on the reserve list....maybe due to location options?? but is did say I would consider anywhere? when they first swapped it over my mine changed to say "project august" but since then its changed again?? guess they're just playing around with it?? mine just says "Application being reviewed" thats how you know your still on reserve list? unless you tell them otherwise.....I have an AC for the HMRC TSP, so may at least get an offer from that before any movement on this??
Reply 39
I too got on the reserve list! Hasn’t mentioned any dates as such just showing my interview scores. Well done :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending