The relationship with my mum is over Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
Me and my mum have never gotten along and have had many problems. For the past few months she has been with a guy and from the start I have said that I never wanted him in the house while I’m here.

Today she told me he is spending the night, I stormed out the house for a while and after a long argument on the phone and threatening police involvement if I don’t come home, I am now back. I told her that if she lets him stay the night my relationship with her is done, we have been getting along fine over the past few weeks and I was soon to be in counselling to sort out my issues. I’m done with that now.

The main reason I don’t want him here is because she doesn’t have a very good history with men most of which where abusive is one way or another. She swears he’s different but I don’t trust her at all.

If he spends the night I’m done with her. I will never try to get along with her ever again.
Anonymous #2
Report 6 days ago
if you're a guy, beat the **** out of him or find someone who will.
if you're a girl stay at my house
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
If she wants him there that's her business. You shouldn't pose ultimatums on her just because you don't like this guy.
Anonymous #3
Report 6 days ago
if she keeps going back to abusive men, just leave the house and work or some sh''
Bang Outta Order
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I get your frustration and worry. But you have nerve haha.
Anonymous #4
Report 6 days ago
I understand that you want to protect your mom... but I don't think it's your place to tell her if her boyfriend can or can't spend the night. On top of that you can't end your relationship with your mom over some stupid boyfriend! Tell her how you really feel about the situation!
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
I understand that you want to protect your mom... but I don't think it's your place to tell her if her boyfriend can or can't spend the night. On top of that you can't end your relationship with your mom over some stupid boyfriend! Tell her how you really feel about the situation!
I don’t wanna protect her im protecting me, she can do what she wants, I’m not getting involved in her bs again because I’ve trusted her in the past and it always goes wrong.
cherlloydfan1
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
well I don't like my mums bf either but there's nothing that u can do about it
Anonymous #1
(Original post by cherlloydfan1)
well I don't like my mums bf either but there's nothing that u can do about it
This isn’t the first time she’s done something like this I’m done with it.
Anonymous #4
Report 6 days ago
I don’t wanna protect her im protecting me, she can do what she wants, I’m not getting involved in her bs again because I’ve trusted her in the past and it always goes wrong.
How old are you? Because no matter how ****ed up her actions may be, your mom is your mom. And it's not your role to tell her who can and can't come over. And that's it! Communicate! Tell her how you really feel! Tell her why you want to protect yourself, why it makes you feel the way your feel! That's important.
Anonymous #5
Report 6 days ago
man what is it with some women? they're so desperate for a mans in their life, its pathetic
Anonymous #1
How old are you? Because no matter how ****ed up her actions may be, your mom is your mom. And it's not your role to tell her who can and can't come over. And that's it! Communicate! Tell her how you really feel! Tell her why you want to protect yourself, why it makes you feel the way your feel! That's important.
I’m 17. I’ve tried telling her all this but she’s insisting that “he’s different”. I’ve literally told her that I don’t trust her decisions and my grandparents back me up in this. I DONT WANT HIM IN MY LIFE AT ALL.
Anonymous #6
Report 6 days ago
Have you met him?
Anonymous #1
Have you met him?
No, and I don’t want to.
funk controller
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
No, and I don’t want to.
You’re clearly too immature to be making decisions like cutting off contact with family over nothing. You haven’t even met him, do you expect your mum to stay single forever? Quitters attitude won’t get you anywhere
Scotney
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
No, and I don’t want to.
Perhaps you could at least suggest to your mum that you get to meet him in a neutral setting say for a meal. I get that you do not want him staying over but I think you could at least get a chance to suss him out. I think your Mum is entitled to a private life but she is not going about it in a very considerate manner. This would be a compromise at least.
squeakysquirrel
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
if you're a guy, beat the **** out of him or find someone who will.
if you're a girl stay at my house
What an incredibly moronic response
bones-mccoy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Unless you have actual proof this new guy - and aren't just jumping to conclusions that he will be because all of the other guys were - is abusive then you can't go throwing around accusations about people you don't even know. Give the guy a chance.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (210)
23.68%
Pop (220)