Cat123jo
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
Hi everyone, I have just started college and I am doing English literature, Maths, Chemistry and Biology. I don’t want to spread myself too thinly but equally I don't know what to drop if I were to drop one. It might be better to get three A’s and an EPQ instead of four B’s. My college doesn’t do AS levels. In my GCSE’s I got a 9 in English lit 8’s in Biology, Maths, Physics Geography, Re, Media, English Language and French and a 7 in Chemistry and a B in further maths. I am enjoying English lit at the moment at college but during year 11 my class teacher kept grading me at a five, I got a nine in the actual exam. My confidence in myself and my academic abilities is fairly low. I’ve always been good at English but in year 11 I thought that I wasn’t very good at it. So when I got my results I decided that it was too much to waste, and decided to take four. I would like to go to a Russell group university but I don’t know whether to pursue medicine or to do something else. I don’t know what other careers I could have and whether it would be better to do three a levels and an EPQ or four and which a levels I should do even if it means taking a new one. Thanks x
HumblyBumbly
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
I did the same 4 replacing EL for history and loved all 4 - I got all A*s btw
Scotney
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
If you are happy doing 4 is fine. You could always drop English later if required. Hopefully you have a new teacher!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Regent's University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Sep '19
  • Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19

What's your favourite genre?