idk032597
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
I'm going to be living away from home during my first year. I'm the first in my family to go to university so I'm slightly confused on when I can visit home. Can I travel home on the weekend if I'm free and stay the weekend at home rather than my accommodation? Would this be an issue for my accommodation since I'm paying rent to stay there?
Anonymous #1
Report 6 days ago
Depends on how far u live tbh it might be costly to go home every weekend but if u live within London n greater lo fron then ya its absolutely possible for most people they either really miss their family n go home every chance they get where as other enjoy the freedom they get away from home n never visit till the Christmas holiday. I'd say every 2 week is a healthy amount of time n depending on what course ur doing u might have a large work load n wont be able to go home often or u might have plans with friends n roommates over the weekends. U will be expected to pay rent for the day ur away from the room, as long as u lay I doubt any 1 cares if u stay in it or not
MinaBee
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by idk032597)
I'm going to be living away from home during my first year. I'm the first in my family to go to university so I'm slightly confused on when I can visit home. Can I travel home on the weekend if I'm free and stay the weekend at home rather than my accommodation? Would this be an issue for my accommodation since I'm paying rent to stay there?
No it wouldn't be an issue. You can go home whenever you want.
idk032597
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Depends on how far u live tbh it might be costly to go home every weekend but if u live within London n greater lo fron then ya its absolutely possible for most people they either really miss their family n go home every chance they get where as other enjoy the freedom they get away from home n never visit till the Christmas holiday. I'd say every 2 week is a healthy amount of time n depending on what course ur doing u might have a large work load n wont be able to go home often or u might have plans with friends n roommates over the weekends. U will be expected to pay rent for the day ur away from the room, as long as u lay I doubt any 1 cares if u stay in it or not
Thank you for the reply. I live about an hour and a half away by tube. So essentially, if I’m free and willing to travel then I can visit whenever I want?
I was just confused because I thought you were expected to always stay at your accommodation😅
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (205)
23.59%
Pop (214)