username4950716
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
I'm trying to help my daughter and have a question. The zeros in my question should be theta

in a right-angled triangle, one of the angles 0 has tan 0 = 1. the length of the hypotenuse is 10cm. what is the area of the triangle?
username4950716
Rep:
?
Is there anyone who can help me please?
Will_W
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
tan^-1(1) = 45 = 0

As tan = opposite side/adjacent side and tan(0) = 1, the opposite and adjacent side must be equal in length (a number divided by itself is always equal to 1).

From here you should be able to use Pythagoras theorem to calculate the opposite and adjacent side as you know they are both equal and then be able to work out the area of the triangle.
Last edited by Will_W; 6 days ago
username4950716
Rep:
?
(Original post by Will_W)
tan^-1(1) = 45 = 0

As tan = opposite side/adjacent side and tan(0) = 1, the opposite and adjacent side must be equal in length (a number divided by itself is always equal to 1).

From here you should be able to use Pythagoras theorem to calculate the opposite and adjacent side as you know they are both equal and then be able to work out the area of the triangle.
Thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (210)
23.68%
Pop (220)
24.8%
Jazz (33)
3.72%
Classical (50)
5.64%
Hip-Hop (170)
19.17%