I failed pharmacy course

Watch this thread
This discussion is closed.
ppluts
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I failed my 3Rd pharmacy. Even though I took resit and I still don't pass.

I actually don't know what to do. what action I could take. when I checked my progression, it stated I could get honor degree. what can I do with it? it won't help me starts 4the year. Also the status stated I dismissed from my uni.

I just can't see any hopes. I loaned a lots money for it because I love this course and I have passionate become a pharmacist.

Now, everything is blackout. I can't find my career path. I don't know what to do afterwords? I did my pharmacy placement every summer. The more I worked, the more stress and pressure I could feel. But I always thought I could handle various situations. Now, my results just smashed all my confidence. I can't even tell my family. They were so proud that I could study medicinal course. They would be even depressed and disappointed.

I actually let them down.
Sharemine
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
can u retake the year?
ppluts
Rep:
(Original post by Sharemine)
can u retake the year?
I don't think I can. because on the program title, it states award dismissed. I also confirmed with my year leaders. they told me same thing. Under GPhc regulations, I have removed from Mpharm program. that is what my personal tutor told me
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
So you have a BSc in Pharmaceutical Science then?
Zahra098
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
appeal for a retake of the year. do you have any mitigating circumstances e.g mental health, any sickness?
also did you fail a particular unit / exam?
randomsheep11
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
If you have done the 3rd year, then would you at least have something like a Pharmaceutical Science Bsc? If so, and I know you won't want to hear it, but you can still become a Pharmacy technician? You still will be able to really make a difference for patients in this role.
quasa
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ppluts)
I don't think I can. because on the program title, it states award dismissed. I also confirmed with my year leaders. they told me same thing. Under GPhc regulations, I have removed from Mpharm program. that is what my personal tutor told me
out of curiosity, did they give a reason why you were removed / has their been any extenuating circumstances? ave you tried appealing it as well?
thegodofgod
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by randomsheep11)
If you have done the 3rd year, then would you at least have something like a Pharmaceutical Science Bsc? If so, and I know you won't want to hear it, but you can still become a Pharmacy technician? You still will be able to really make a difference for patients in this role.
That would be the case if you passed 3rd year but failed 4th year - failing 3rd year only leaves you with a diploma of higher education, I think...
ppluts
Rep:
(Original post by 0895)
So you have a BSc in Pharmaceutical Science then?
yes. but that is no what I wanna get
ppluts
Rep:
(Original post by quasa)
out of curiosity, did they give a reason why you were removed / has their been any extenuating circumstances? ave you tried appealing it as well?
I failed 3 credit bearing modules. I resit those 3 but I only passed 2 out of 3. Because for my uni yr 1-3, you can have 3 chances to resit coursework/ unseen exams. I used all chance and still didn't passed. so can't carry on study. I tried to contact my personal tutor the head of pharmacy and year leader. they no even fully answered my questions. I phoned them but no one picked phone
tytytytyty
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Does anyone know what are the differences between Pharmacology, pharmaceutical science and drug discovery??? I am so confused.
bitar adnan
Badges: 1
Report 6 months ago
Hi I've just seen your post and would really love to ask for updates on your situation, I also failed my final year and was awarded a pharmaceutical studies degree but that's not what I want to do I still want to do pharmacy, have you managed to apply to a different university?
X
Back
to top
Latest

How did The Student Room help you with your university application?

Talking to current university students (16)
18.39%
Talking to peers going through the same thing (30)
34.48%
Speaking to student ambassadors from the universities (5)
5.75%
Speaking to staff members from universities (1)
1.15%
Using the personal statement builder, library or helper service (9)
10.34%
Reading articles about what steps to take (17)
19.54%
Learning about/speaking to Student Finance England (4)
4.6%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (5)
5.75%

Watched Threads