The Student Room Group

I feel like I’m on the verge of a severe mental breakdown

Today has been the last straw and I feel like I’m losing control of what I’m doing. I’ve got my mum about to kick me out tomorrow and my entire family resenting me. Tbh I do want to be away from everyone but at the moment I’m lashing out in blind anger. If I end up getting kicked out it will mess up all my A-Levels and my future and I have nowhere else to go or else I would’ve left a long time ago.
Original post by Anonymous
Today has been the last straw and I feel like I’m losing control of what I’m doing. I’ve got my mum about to kick me out tomorrow and my entire family resenting me. Tbh I do want to be away from everyone but at the moment I’m lashing out in blind anger. If I end up getting kicked out it will mess up all my A-Levels and my future and I have nowhere else to go or else I would’ve left a long time ago.

It may not feel like it now, but things will get better. It may take a while, but it will get better. Please phone to Samaritans if you want to talk to someone, or phone 999 if you feel like you may hurt yourself or others. You're not alone, and there are people out there to help you.
Reply 2
My recommendation would be to talk to your GP ASAP regarding issues relating to your anger or other emotional problems. Alternatively, contact the Samaritans or other helpline. Sometimes it helps just to have someone there to listen without judgement.

You are never alone. Reach out and talk to someone if you are feeling out of control. Anger is a difficult emotion to control, but generally is a symptom of other forms of distress. Letting it control you will only make things worse. Seeking advice or a listening ear in this situation could prove helpful, and you've nothing to lose by giving it a go!

Best of luck!

Quick Reply