The Student Room Group

A level help

Anyone that’s does media film psychology or maths a level that could possibly help?
Original post by stress11
Anyone that’s does media film psychology or maths a level that could possibly help?

Hi,

Yes I can help. I can see this is under revision and study tips, therefore I am presuming its about revision technique.
My tips would be to make mind maps and do past papers as they always help! Make sure to make your mindmaps colorful as it makes revision more enjoyable and you are able to remember it more.

I hope this helps :smile:
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to reply back!
Hi, I did AQA Psychology, what do you need help with?? :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by kaia_maya
Hi, I did AQA Psychology, what do you need help with?? :smile:

I just started year 13, I’m doing maths media psychology and film. Last year I left college in May as I didn’t think A-levels were the right route for me, however I’ve now decided to go back on myself and complete the course. I am 100% doing media and film as I enjoy those subjects and they are mostly coursework. However, obviously I don’t need to do four so I’m deciding between maths and psychology, last year I barely did any work, stupid I know, but moving forward I need to decide what one to drop. Basing it on the fact I barely know nothing in each subject, is maths or psychology doable in a year? I prefer maths however she is teaching it on a second year level now whereas I haven’t even really learnt year one stuff, i’m good at pure but terrible at mechanics and statistics so even if I go to the year below lessons, she starts teaching mechanics and statistics in February whereas we are starting with that now, so either way I’m going to be behind. Maths is a subject where you gradually build your knowledge and skills whereas psychology kind of goes topic by topic. So if you don’t know a topic in maths in year one you’re very unlikely to be able to do it in year two. However psychology is very heavy content which I find more difficult to cope with. I enjoy both subjects and I have no idea want I want do at uni so I don’t really mind which one I drop, I just want to get the best grade possible. Additionally, my mum is allowing me to have four hours of extra tuition of either subject I choose, but I still don’t know if I’ll be able to do it in a year. Any suggestions or advice?
Reply 4
Original post by The University of Law Students
Hi,

Yes I can help. I can see this is under revision and study tips, therefore I am presuming its about revision technique.
My tips would be to make mind maps and do past papers as they always help! Make sure to make your mindmaps colorful as it makes revision more enjoyable and you are able to remember it more.

I hope this helps :smile:
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to reply back!

I just started year 13, I’m doing maths media psychology and film. Last year I left college in May as I didn’t think A-levels were the right route for me, however I’ve now decided to go back on myself and complete the course. I am 100% doing media and film as I enjoy those subjects and they are mostly coursework. However, obviously I don’t need to do four so I’m deciding between maths and psychology, last year I barely did any work, stupid I know, but moving forward I need to decide what one to drop. Basing it on the fact I barely know nothing in each subject, is maths or psychology doable in a year? I prefer maths however she is teaching it on a second year level now whereas I haven’t even really learnt year one stuff, i’m good at pure but terrible at mechanics and statistics so even if I go to the year below lessons, she starts teaching mechanics and statistics in February whereas we are starting with that now, so either way I’m going to be behind. Maths is a subject where you gradually build your knowledge and skills whereas psychology kind of goes topic by topic. So if you don’t know a topic in maths in year one you’re very unlikely to be able to do it in year two. However psychology is very heavy content which I find more difficult to cope with. I enjoy both subjects and I have no idea want I want do at uni so I don’t really mind which one I drop, I just want to get the best grade possible. Additionally, my mum is allowing me to have four hours of extra tuition of either subject I choose, but I still don’t know if I’ll be able to do it in a year. Any suggestions or advice?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending