English literature history and english language

Watch
smalogo
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Has anyone done English literature history and English language a levels and if so do you have any tips/advice on revision etc I have just started year 12
l.wil01
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by smalogo)
Has anyone done English literature history and English language a levels and if so do you have any tips/advice on revision etc I have just started year 12
Hi! I did English Lit (Edexcel) and History (AQA) A level, and really enjoyed both (despite how messy the exams were lol)

I think for History especially, writing up notes once you've done a module/topic would be really useful. I didnt do this till easter before my exams and it took up a lot of time. History coursework as well is quite difficult, so pick topic you find interesting (if you get the choice I know some colleges don't give you the choice) so it doesn't feel like as much of a drag - usually you'll write better too if you enjoy it more lol.

English Lit was quite chill, just stay on top of reading and make essay plans (e.g. for prose i would write 3 main points, and bullet point quotes and a piece of context/interesting device, and this would help me learn quotes too) as they help you revise and prepare for exams.

Mindmaps and essay plans are the best for eng lit and history imo, they help you think about the way questions could be worded and are great exam prep. Other than that lots of practice essays/paragraphs.

Sorry my advice isnt too great, most of my revision period is a blur now lol. If you need any other help let me know, and good luck!
smalogo
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by l.wil01)
Hi! I did English Lit (Edexcel) and History (AQA) A level, and really enjoyed both (despite how messy the exams were lol)

I think for History especially, writing up notes once you've done a module/topic would be really useful. I didnt do this till easter before my exams and it took up a lot of time. History coursework as well is quite difficult, so pick topic you find interesting (if you get the choice I know some colleges don't give you the choice) so it doesn't feel like as much of a drag - usually you'll write better too if you enjoy it more lol.

English Lit was quite chill, just stay on top of reading and make essay plans (e.g. for prose i would write 3 main points, and bullet point quotes and a piece of context/interesting device, and this would help me learn quotes too) as they help you revise and prepare for exams.

Mindmaps and essay plans are the best for eng lit and history imo, they help you think about the way questions could be worded and are great exam prep. Other than that lots of practice essays/paragraphs.

Sorry my advice isnt too great, most of my revision period is a blur now lol. If you need any other help let me know, and good luck!
Thank you so much for the advice. I will definitely use it and make notes after the topics in History now. Thank you for the English Literature tips too and how you planned essays.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (104)
13.33%
I'm not sure (34)
4.36%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (241)
30.9%
I have already dropped out (19)
2.44%
I'm not a current university student (382)
48.97%

Watched Threads