I don't believe in my uni anymore Watch

soullessme
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Sorry for my bad English. Haven't speak English for a very long time.

I'm currently studying robotics in one of Japan's universities, but i feel so demotivated and sick of University now.

I'm from Indonesia, and I graduated at one of the most prestigious High School in Indonesia. Before I came to Japan, I really wanted to do research on Entertainment Robotics (kinda like Anki's Vector and Honda's ASIMO), but I didn't pass Japan's top unis' tests and I'm now enroll at lower rank university (Maybe even lower than you think).

After passing my first semester, I'm starting to really feel bored, sick, and don't want to come to uni anymore. The community sucks (only game and anime, even the Japanese themselves), I felt so bored because the lesson is slow as hell, I don't feel as motivated as I were back before I came to Japan, even I started to lose my interest in Robotics because I don't think that I could do what I wanted to do in this uni. I'm afraid that I'm just wasting my parents' money, but obviously going to another uni is just waste of time and money. I don't know what to do anymore.

Anyone have similar problems with me? How do you motivate yourself to get rid of this kind of 'anxiety'?
Nununu
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Speak to your parents about it?
MagnumKoishi
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by soullessme)
only game and anime
If only British universities were like that in terms of their community...
Quick-use
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by soullessme)
Sorry for my bad English. Haven't speak English for a very long time.

I'm currently studying robotics in one of Japan's universities, but i feel so demotivated and sick of University now.

I'm from Indonesia, and I graduated at one of the most prestigious High School in Indonesia. Before I came to Japan, I really wanted to do research on Entertainment Robotics (kinda like Anki's Vector and Honda's ASIMO), but I didn't pass Japan's top unis' tests and I'm now enroll at lower rank university (Maybe even lower than you think).

After passing my first semester, I'm starting to really feel bored, sick, and don't want to come to uni anymore. The community sucks (only game and anime, even the Japanese themselves), I felt so bored because the lesson is slow as hell, I don't feel as motivated as I were back before I came to Japan, even I started to lose my interest in Robotics because I don't think that I could do what I wanted to do in this uni. I'm afraid that I'm just wasting my parents' money, but obviously going to another uni is just waste of time and money. I don't know what to do anymore.

Anyone have similar problems with me? How do you motivate yourself to get rid of this kind of 'anxiety'?
Which university are you at?

And, Japanese university education is horrific. I'm not surprised you're not enjoying it.

My advice to you would be to get a good mark (it's easy to do so at a Japanese university) and then apply for a Master's degree somewhere better.
soullessme
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Quick-use)
Which university are you at?

And, Japanese university education is horrific. I'm not surprised you're not enjoying it.

My advice to you would be to get a good mark (it's easy to do so at a Japanese university) and then apply for a Master's degree somewhere better.
I can't tell you the details here lol, but it is definetely not in qs rank at all.

I don't think that applying a job after graduate here is a good think, so I'm definetely going to Master's degree. Might be going to America if I can get scholarships.
soullessme
Rep:
?
(Original post by MagnumKoishi)
If only British universities were like that in terms of their community...
I do like games and anime myself lol. I'm not saying that I hate to talk about that kind of stuffs, but if you don't have anything to talk besides that stuffs, it starts to really sicken me lol
soullessme
Rep:
?
(Original post by Nununu)
Speak to your parents about it?
I have spoken to my parents, and they are always been very supportive to me. But they always talk like "Japan's uni is better than Indonesia's uni" so they actually didn't help the problem....
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (109)
17.87%
It's just nice to be back! (166)
27.21%
Not great so far... (218)
35.74%
I want to drop out! (117)
19.18%

Watched Threads